• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scared Of??

MikePalmer88

Alpha Buck
What are your rabbits massivley scared of??

Ive never seen mr schnapples thump at "something" before (he does it when he hears a noise outside etc)

I just let Linc the hammy out in his ball for 10 mins in the living room and it scared the :censored: out mr schnapples - running away thumping hiding the works. Yet he isnt scared when i kick a football for example :?

He will happily sit next to Linc when he is in his cage and when he darts around in that he is fine.

He is sitting next to it now looking like he is guarding it again but his heart is still pounding!

Louie's blind and spooks at lots of things, including things that aren't even there/making a noise!

Aww, I think it's probably different for each bun, but in general, rabbits don't like sudden noise or movement. You might have to get mr shnapples used to the hammie ball slowly, as it probably seems a bit alien to him to see a plastic ball hurtling towards him :lol:

My buns took a while to get used to normal household noises, like the washing machine and dishwasher, but now they don't seem to bother about them at all. Give it time, and I'm sure he will get used to things. It's useful to make sure he always has somewhere to hide wherever he is, so that he has the comfort of being able to 'escape from it all' when things get scary:):)

Hi thanks for the response!!

Im going to keep the ball out and around mr schnapps alot so he gets used to the site of it etc.

Might even roll it at him a few times. He always has his room open to "runaway" too

My bunnies really aren't scared of anything at all, they are always so chilled out!
They get stressed when they have to travel, but thats about it.

Sox is scared of cats, petrified actually. Jazzy isn't scared of anything that I know of. Not had Beilidh long enough to find anything he;s scared of!

Daisy is fearless!- she doesnt jump at hoovers, electric drills, the doorbell or the food processor. She is always too comfy lying down! I know shes not deaf though because she comes running when i shake her pellets!

Donny is a big boy now and fears nothing! .....Except next doors sprinkler :roll::lol: He army crawls and thumps :lol:

Bumble is scared of being picked up
She is not scared of our german shepherd dog at all - she lets the dog lick her and she's not scared of the cats (of course they're never out free range together)

Ruthie xxx

Beau was also scared of our hammie Sid when he went in his ball. He is scared of the hoover, and the smell of the oven, but his biggest one is big shapes moving towards him, e.g. I once put my fleece blanket over my shoulders and moved across the room, he was petrified bless him.

Back