• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Redge and Mabel update on post 48

Collielover

Mama Doe
Ok here is two of our new addition used to named Horatio and Bambi now named Reginald T Hare (redge for short) and Mabel hubby named them not me

049.jpg

045.jpg

040.jpg

038-1.jpg

Last edited:
I think I remember seeing these two in the rabbits in need section?

If so, I'm so glad you were able to rehome these two. They are gorgeous and I love their new names! :love::love::love::love:

Just a update on these two..I should have put in my post yesterday .I had them at the vets yesterday as I felt they were somthing not 100% about Redge .So did Kayj when I was down .He sat funny on his back legs and shaked at times. Well after a close examanation and x_ray he has had 2 breaks in one of his back legs in the pass whats not been treated. And my vet says he must be in alot of pain because of this,He will need a op to help him soon but is now on pain meds till then. He is also under weight.So till we get more weight on him he wont be going for his op,So please send vides for him as he will need it.

What seriously beautiful buns! :love::love:
Hope things go well with Redges rehab pre surgery & his recovery.

They are lovely. Can I just ask if Redge is related to Luna the hare that was rehomed by Kris?

Because I think I'm right in saying that she was from a breeder and I am guessing that it may have been Raven Rexes and one wonders what the original reason for going into rescue was. With Luna it is hit and miss whether she is going to live a long and happy life or have to be PTS because of her motion (or lack of it) combined with a chronic/deepseated infection which won't shift.

I took Luna from an RU member who adopted from Kris and she was never right on her back end. The RU member asked for assitance to rehome so that she could get the correct vet care and Kris allowed me to take her on rather than her have her back - the vet bills predicted to be in the high hundreds.

Our xrays dont' show leg breaks but possibly spinal stuff, which again would be historic. This means that she doesn't use her back end at all, or rather didn't.

I wonder what happened to them both. And yes, I wonder if they are more prone to breaks due to their delicate frame.

My good friend Jo has taken on Luna and her care because she is not improving massively. She is having acupuncture just because all of the normal ideas for her treatment have been discounted so far. Now she manages about 3-5 hops every now and again when Jo has been giving her lots of physio, but most of the time she just sits on her side and drags herself around by her front legs. It's so very sad.

I do hope Redge does really well.

Last edited:
Just a update on these two..I should have put in my post yesterday .I had them at the vets yesterday as I felt they were somthing not 100% about Redge .So did Kayj when I was down .He sat funny on his back legs and shaked at times. Well after a close examanation and x_ray he has had 2 breaks in one of his back legs in the pass whats not been treated. And my vet says he must be in alot of pain because of this,He will need a op to help him soon but is now on pain meds till then. He is also under weight.So till we get more weight on him he wont be going for his op,So please send vides for him as he will need it.

Oh my goodness the poor bunny :( I am sure he will be feeling better now he is on pain relief even if he can't have his op straight away. Whey do so many people leave bunnies with broken bones untreated, there seems to be so many cases of it now a days :cry:

Sending tons of vibes for him

He came from the same person who had luna and I have found out today he isn't a raven rex hare as I thought but from a other breeder. He isn't great today dont think the wet weather u here is helping. Dutchess what you wrote i find very intearesting .

He came from the same person who had luna and I have found out today he isn't a raven rex hare as I thought but from a other breeder. He isn't great today dont think the wet weather u here is helping. Dutchess what you wrote i find very intearesting .

Okay not a Raven.

Well, I've just been speaking with Jo, Luna's new mumma and she's told me that she has developed an arrythmia now so her legs are the least of her worries. Jo thinks that it may be linked to her chest condition. That's a lot for a little hare to deal with, in particular because the infection has been present for so long prior to her arriving with us.

So each day is a blessing and each day is being taken as it comes.

She's certainly got spirit and is enjoying her time with her mum, but it's so awful that realistically she may not have a future. Jo and our vets are doing all they can to repair her but sometimes these things are impossible I guess.

I hope that Redge just needs pair relief and that way can get around fine. He is an awesome looking fellow and does look like Luna's twin.

Okay not a Raven.

Well, I've just been speaking with Jo, Luna's new mumma and she's told me that she has developed an arrythmia now so her legs are the least of her worries. Jo thinks that it may be linked to her chest condition. That's a lot for a little hare to deal with, in particular because the infection has been present for so long prior to her arriving with us.

So each day is a blessing and each day is being taken as it comes.

She's certainly got spirit and is enjoying her time with her mum, but it's so awful that realistically she may not have a future. Jo and our vets are doing all they can to repair her but sometimes these things are impossible I guess.

I hope that Redge just needs pair relief and that way can get around fine. He is an awesome looking fellow and does look like Luna's twin.

Thanks for that I think he is very hansome and he is a true gentlman with it. He takes his meds like a good boy and is enjoying his extra treats he is getting.How much does Luna wiegh can I ask? He is back to the vets on Friday so we will know more then whats going to happen

Thanks for that I think he is very hansome and he is a true gentlman with it. He takes his meds like a good boy and is enjoying his extra treats he is getting.How much does Luna wiegh can I ask? He is back to the vets on Friday so we will know more then whats going to happen

I don't know but I can ask for you and post when I know. I should say that Luna is a horse in a hare's clothing as she eats absolutely everything. She loves her hay and does the biggest best most enormous poos ever.

Bless him, I'm glad they got to you safely but so sorry to hear about his unexpected issue :( Hopefully the little chap will feel a lot more comfortable with some pain relief. I've always understood belgian hares to be more 'fragile' than other bunny breeds, but judging by these two I wonder if a lot of them effectively have brittle bone disease, or whether it's more of a consequence of their build and gait? I wonder if this is a really common occurrence, or if these two originate from a common genetic line somewhere?

I really hope you can get him comfy and hopefully it's resolve-able xxx

Just a update on Redge he is now gainning a little weight he was under 3kg on Monday and now is up to 3.35kg ...He should be nearer 5kg so ou can see how underweight he is:?:?.I have been aske to get any vet records for him if possible so Chance have gave me her vet numbers ect and Am hoping Kris will past me on hers . He eats everything whats given to him.He is having porridge also at the moment.Looks happy in himself and loves his nose rubs.Not happy he isn't allowed out his pen at the moment. My vet hope to operate on him end of the week he just wants him to put a little more weight on before going under.

Back