• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet my two new arrivals

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
*SNAIL WARNING*

Following on from my thread in general chat, these two turned up this morning, literally they were left on my doorstep, nobody even came in with them :shock: My project for the summer hols will be improving and mastering GALS care! :) Once settled in I have a proper look at them to tell the difference and then they will be names Etana (Finnish for snail, thankyou yaretzi!) and Escargot (Esca for short, French for snail) :love: :D

This has been their 'home' for over two years :cry: I will be changing this and the lettuce is iceburg and was already in there when they came this morning

snails4.jpg

snails3.jpg

Oh wow, this take me back a few years, I used to have 3 giant african land snails!!

Aww, they look so cramped in there bless them :(

I know :( Do you think a 2 foot X 1 foot tank would be ok for them? Don't really know sizes yet.

I can't believe they have lived in THAT for two years, poor things :(

I don't know much about giant snails, do they have personality? What do you give them for stimulus etc?

Wow:shock::shock:Cool!!
Poor things being stuck in that cage for 2 years though :( thank god they've made their way to you now!!very Lucky snails! :)

Awww how gorgeous!!! :love: I soooo love the second pic!! I'm glad they found you - their lives will be greatly improved!!!! xxx

I'm so glad you have them now, they are very lucky snails!:D
Poor things, they can hardly move around in there!:(

Looking forward to lots of updates along the way!;):p

Aww Liz, they are wonderful! Im so glad they have came to you, i know you will give them the life they deserve.

Thankyou everyone :D I have just cleaned and tidied a space for their tank to go in my room they're downstairs at the moment but I'll be taking them up, I'm looking for a bigger tank for them asap and then I can start adding things to it, as you can see they have nothing to explore/hide in :(

Back