• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poo? food? rain?

minilops79

Warren Scout
:wave: I just went to check on the bunnies and they dont appear to have ate much more hay after I left them last night, they have been munching through there rabbit royale though that they came with. There are some nice round poos but there are some long wet poos too, is this a problem? I did give them a tiny bit of cabbage and carrot last night which I was told they have both had before. I am going to be worrying about everything lol, hope you dont get sick of me :) Also they really enjoyed going in the run last night and it is raining this morning :( shall I keep them in the shed and hope the rain stops soon? They are still only so little, 8 and 10 weeks! They had entraca care stuff in there water before they came to me should I get some and carry on with this? Thankyou :)

I don't know much about baby bunnies
but I think I saw on here they can't cope with greens as well as older buns?- check out the thread.

I don't know if they still need entera care in the water.
I hope someone more knowledgable comes on here for you.

All bunnies should have gradual changes over about a 3 week period if you do decide to change their dried food.

Personally I would keep them on the Rabbit Royale for at least a few weeks as they already have a big change moving location- let them settle to their new home for a while .

Also this would give you time to read up on their needs.

sue:wave:

I think it may have been the veggies that may have caused a bit of upset stomach. But again I don't know much about baby buns.

Thankyou :) It stopped raining so they have been munching on grass most of the day and a little nibble of hay.

Last edited:
I had my 2 since they was 8 weeks and are now a happy healthy 15 weeks, I made a gradual change from mix - pellets over the course of a month and a bit and now they eat just pellets, Hay grass, every day for their tea around 7ish I give them a handful of herbs and rocket and this goes down a treat - I don't give them much cabbage or carrot as for my 2 this increases their soft poop!

as for the rain, can you get a cover for your run? For mine i've got a large clear Tarpaulin that I cover over every night and day if it looks like it may rain ( if im going out ) or if im in i'll run out if its rains x

As for the Hay mine hadnt a clue when I got them so I tried a variety - if you have a look at the Hay experts they do a set of sample packs you can get

x x

:wave: Thankyou, I cant help but worry lol. I have been giving them bits of parsley, corriander and basil throughout the day which they love, I tried them with mint too but they didnt eat that. Should I be giving them a handful just once a day then? I have ordered the sample pack from hay experts, they have been eating hay just not as much as I thing they should! They have access to the run all day and eat the grass and weeds in there! There run came with a little cover which covers a small portion but I have a trampoline cover which I could put over it too :D I was looking at poo pics on the internet and I think its cecals that they are doing (See my other post) but I am not sure if I should be worried about this as they :? dont seem to be eating them??

They may be a bit young right now for greens :) I'd wait a bit longer and then introduce things gradually and see how their tummies react to each one.

Back