• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've never been more tempted to put my rabbits outside

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
I'm not a happy bunny mummy right now, Milly really is a destruct-o-bun.

There is perminantly a throw on the sofa tucked around the coushions and she's been pulling an edge up and sneaking under :( Didn't realise until I just saw her, and this is what I find...

Gonna have to get rid of the sofa now to prevent them eating the stuff :(

DSCF8143.jpg

DSCF8144.jpg

I know rabbits are destructive by nature and it's not thair fault... But she's attempting to eat through my sofa >.<

Last edited:
My bunnies are being very destructive at the moment so I know how you feel. They're destroyed a big portion of the correx in their crate and eaten through most the cardboard in their run. They also dig up all the newspaper in their crate and tear it up on a at least once daily basis :roll: It's exhausting keeping up with their trail of destruction! One good thing is they don't chew on anything when they're loose in the house, just pop back into the crate for a bit of digging :lol:

Exactly the same as Obie. Pie is a s good as gold, with anything but put Obie in front of wires, skirting board, slightly frayed edges of carpet and he will dig and dig until he has pulled it up/chewed a hole in it or through it. :evil:

When I covered the sofa and made it too hard for her to get to her lovely little project, she tried to pull the carpet up again.
You'd think they had nothing to do but she has my entire bedroom, loads of toys, a friend, me to annoy, loads of hay to play/dig in, boxes, tunnels.... But no, her fave game is to destroy everything I own :lol:

Oh my! :shock: Sounds exactly like Beano! Beano was terrible, I couldn't cope and it wasn't possible to bun proof everything and she prefered it outside so she moved outside, I'm glad she did actually because she wouldn't have got free run of a shed which she loves or a husbun because I wasn't allowed another rabbit when she lived inside. I know it's not their fault and I didn't get angry at Beano but I did get upset when she chewed through or broke things I liked when I didn't think she could reach them or I thought I'd bun proofed it!!

I had Spenser in for an hour last night. I have to watch him constantly as he is into everything. I have to shut him in the crate if I am leaving the room for more than a minute, or if he is having a sleepover.

:shock: aaaah my OH would go crazy if any of our buns did that...I think we must have very very very good bunnies indeed.....oh dear!:?

Our Rosie is the same with the settee. It has loose covers and she can get underneath. She's making it her mission to dig through the cover into the body of the settee - I dread the day this happens as not sure how we'll get her out! She also like digging cushions and we have a few holes. Fortunately we can position them so you can't see the holes :lol:

There must be something in the air. Last night Buckley set about chewing at the leg of the bed in his room... well... the bed now has 3 functioning legs instead of 4. It's currently being held up by a yellow pages :lol:

Mj ate a hole in the back of one of our sofas and sat inside! luckily it wasn't our main sofa and only cost £20! now he's got a wooden bench instead, a few bite marks but fingers crossed he wont be able to get through it.

Back