• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Torturing ourselves tonight....

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
Should we have tried bunny CPR on Twinkle? OH just mentioned it and now I can't stop thinking about it :( I think the screaming upset him as well as me.

Please don't blame yourself. You gave Twinkle so much love and care. I hope that in time happier memories and the photos you have of her will be a comfort.

Big hugs. xxx

aw hunni, dont torture yourself. you did everything you could for twinkle and she knew how much you loved her. in time, the bad memories will fade and you will be left with only the happy ones that will make you smile at the thought of her. massive hugs xxx

Really sorry for your loss. :cry:

It sounds as if whatever was wrong with her was pretty deep-rooted, and although it's natural to relive the situation and to torture yourself with "what-ifs" it's highly unlikely anything could have made any difference. A number of people here have lost bunnies even at the vets, with the vet in the room - no procedures are going to produce a happy outcome if the bun is simply too ill to survive.

It's already a very upsetting time for you anyway but try not to beat yourself up about somethng that in all likelihood would have made no difference at all to Twinkle, who is at peace now....

I think it's a natural part of losing a much loved pet to wonder if there's something more that you could have done but please don't torment yourselves with those thoughts. :( You both did as much as you could have.

I feel so sad for you but there would have been nothing you could have done.

I suspect she had an underlying health problem. If qualified vets could not find or know what was wrong with her, what could you do.

Sorry for your loss. xxx

Last edited:
I think it's a natural part of losing a much loved pet to wonder if there's something more that you could have done but please don't torment yourselves with those thoughts. :( You both did as much as you could have.

^^^ This.
I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Back