• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've found an awesome new way to nebulise Grim :)

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
Originally I had a storage box. I put him in but he stressed out. So I put in on its side and he loves it and will go in of his own accord. But... when I put the lid on (still on its side) he starts to dig at it and the lid pops off. So I had to put the box against the washing machine and wedge the bin between the back of it and the cooker, making a barricade across the kitchen. And then he'd dig at the mouthpiece from the nebuliser and that would pop out. So I'd have to sit on the kitchen floor with a barricade, holding the mouth piece for twenty minutes. :lol:

Well I had an idea. I attached the mouth piece to the door of his carrier and hooked it on with the wire that hooks on water bottles. Then I covered the carrier in a towel. And it worked. :) I could even walk into the other room to get something while he was in there. :)

That's exactly how I used to Nebulise Badger. Worked a treat.

Glad you found a less stressful way for him :)

I can't see him in there but he seems a lot calmer and I'm not monopolising the kitchen any more. :lol:

Glad you found a way that is less stressful for both of you. :)

Thanks. :) Now I'm just hoping Thumps_'s idea or using Vaseline on his nose to stop the 'plugs' forming work. And then I need to get him some medication to nebulise with the saline solution. And then I might get him back to 'normal'. :love:

Thanks. :) Now I'm just hoping Thumps_'s idea or using Vaseline on his nose to stop the 'plugs' forming work. And then I need to get him some medication to nebulise with the saline solution. And then I might get him back to 'normal'. :love:

That does sound like a very good idea. Poor Grim at least he doesn't seem to let any of this effect him. He has always seemed liked a chilled out bunny.

That's what we do with Lola every day, she digs out the blanket in the carrier to show her disapproval when the carrier is opened when nebulisation is complete. :lol:

That does sound like a very good idea. Poor Grim at least he doesn't seem to let any of this effect him. He has always seemed liked a chilled out bunny.

He doesn't let anything affect him. Other than getting his nose plugs off. He hates that. :( But for the rest of the time he's a happy and relaxed bunny. Even my vets comment that you just can't tell how ill he really is.

Back