• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think Jill (one of my Kirkby buns) is dying. U/D she's gone

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
Jill started dribbling on Friday night, so I booked her in for a dental Monday (as usual). However this morning she suddenly started mouth breathing really badly. We've been to the emergency vets, but her temperature is really low so it really doesn't look good. They wanted to keep her in for IV fluids but I know there's no way she would tolerate a drip, she'd chew straight through in a matter of seconds.

If she's going to die I'd rather she spent her remaining time at home with her husbun Vernon, not in a strange place surrounded by barking dogs.

I'd ask for vibes, but I think it might be too much of a tall order this time. She's had meds and we just need to pray that she improves overnight, otherwise she'll need to be pts tomorrow :cry:

Last edited:
Hope she can be as comfortable as possible for whatever time she has. I'm sure familiar surroundings and her partner will be a comfort to her. xxx

Thinking of her and hoping for her.

She's in the right place, getting all the care she needs.

I hope she brings on a miracle.

The really sad thing is that even though she's so poorly, she's still fighting. She managed a couple of flying leaps onto my shoulder in the vets and kept biting me as if to say 'What the hell are we doing here mum?!' Anyone who's met Jill will know what a stroppy madam she can be. I just hope we have a bit more time together.

Back