• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cherry, Berry and Apple - my foster family

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
OK - am going to try and load some more photos of my foster buns? It has taken me an hour to work out how to get them from my camera onto my PC and then to be able to find them again - they keep disappearing:(

Cherryandberry31711.jpg

Cherry and Berry say 'any noms, Mummy?'

Cherry31711.jpg

Cherry - 'I'm not quite sure about this homz yet. We has lots of cuddles and nose rubs. I think me likes them but I likes the nommy hay more. I espeshly like the pink tube. I goze in and out lots - it's fun and I can run really fast.'

2Berry31711.jpg

Berry - 'The hooman person says I look like my Mummy - but I think me is much better looking. I seem to get lots of cuddles and kissings. We came very long ways to get here with another hooman and someone else who wasn't a bunny but didn't walk like a hooman. Not sure what she was. I like it here most of the time but if I feel scared I run to Mummy. Not very often as I am getting a Big Bun - I am bigger than my sista, Apple'

Apple31711.jpg

Apple 'I woz getting nose rubs here. I like nose rubs. We all camez on a Very Long Journee to come to here. We are in a big pen with a big tube I love to run in and out of - it's pink - I like pink. I have discuvvered how to ESCAPE the pen. I am smaller than my sista and my Mum but I am the only one who can ESCAPE. When I am outside the pen I get a bit scared though and am pleased to see my hooman. She picks me up and gives me big cuddles and then puts me back. I am very pleesed to be with the others as that's where the nommy hay is. It's fun to ESCAPE though as hooman dusn't know how I doze it (I don't think she is clever like a bunny is!)'

Last edited:
They are very cute. I was looking at the photos of them ealier with my mum on Starlights adoption site.

I am going to ask James if we can help her out with the temp fostering. I would need outdoors accomodation though and couldn't have the babies, as I have never even seen a baby bunny, except in the wild at a distance.

I suppose they could be in temp accommodation in the back room.

They are very cute. I was looking at the photos of them ealier with my mum on Starlights adoption site.

I am going to ask James if we can help her out with the temp fostering. I would need outdoors accomodation though and couldn't have the babies, as I have never even seen a baby bunny, except in the wild at a distance.

I suppose they could be in temp accommodation in the back room.

They are totally adorable. To be honest looking after babies of this age isn't much different to looking after adults, apart from being more careful of their diet. We had lots of really tiny babies where I used to volunteer for a rescue - just little bundles of fluff in a nest:love:

I didn't have any outdoor accommodation free so they are in a pen in my lounge. The disadvantage is hay everywhere but the advantage is I get loads and loads of interaction with them:love: I could have put them in my bedroom but thought that may be a bit too quiet - I wanted to get them used to the TV and people so they aren't scared when they are rehomed. It's amazing how many visitors you get when you have baby bunnies:love:

They are totally adorable. To be honest looking after babies of this age isn't much different to looking after adults, apart from being more careful of their diet. We had lots of really tiny babies where I used to volunteer for a rescue - just little bundles of fluff in a nest:love:

I didn't have any outdoor accommodation free so they are in a pen in my lounge. The disadvantage is hay everywhere but the advantage is I get loads and loads of interaction with them:love: I could have put them in my bedroom but thought that may be a bit too quiet - I wanted to get them used to the TV and people so they aren't scared when they are rehomed. It's amazing how many visitors you get when you have baby bunnies:love:

I have my 2's old indoor hutch, but they freeranged most of the time and wouldn't think it suitable for 24/7.

Have to get rid of the mattress under the bed too. That way there would be enough free range room. Carpet can be ruined as it needs to be eventually replaced.

Quite lucky as Sunshine and Cutie-pie have never damaged the carpets. Nothing much at all, other than the bottom of the curtains and a few pee stains.

Really has to be James decision. I am assuming if there are vets emergencies or visits you don't have to pay. That is really the biggest problem, finances.

I think that's how it works, Amanda. To be honest, I haven't checked:oops: I really am totally scatty!

Just found another photo of the terrible trio.

Mumandbabes31711.jpg

You can see how alike Cherry and Berry are and how Apple is a bit smaller - but more adventurous. She was out of the pen again just now - but I think I have worked out how she is doing it and have foiled her cunning plan (hopefully!)

I think that's how it works, Amanda. To be honest, I haven't checked:oops: I really am totally scatty!

Just found another photo of the terrible trio.

Mumandbabes31711.jpg

You can see how alike Cherry and Berry are and how Apple is a bit smaller - but more adventurous. She was out of the pen again just now - but I think I have worked out how she is doing it and have foiled her cunning plan (hopefully!)

Its quite amazing, how one baby bunny can look so different and one, just like mum.

Once I have spoken to James tomorrow evening, then I can find out more.

Must say peed off at his work. Apparently only one staff member can only take annual leave now, so tomorrow he has to drive from Hereford into work to start at 11 am. He originally booked the day off.

I mean come on, after the redundancies they are going to be a further 7 to 9 staff down, depends on whether some of them are current part timers. How the eff are they meant to work out AL then. Its unbelieve, but that is a rant for another day.

Are these the buns on a rescue site (cant remember which one) where Beckham is the dad??

He is adorable and if it these are just as lovely!!:p

Argh!!! If I could I'd take on Apple, as she looks lovely!
But... I might be adopting Codi from Fairly Beloved...
Really wish I could have three but DJ says NO! His house so his rules :(

Argh!!! If I could I'd take on Apple, as she looks lovely!
But... I might be adopting Codi from Fairly Beloved...
Really wish I could have three but DJ says NO! His house so his rules :(

I'm hoping to be allowed to adopt Apple as a wife for Bumble, my six month old partially sighted former BARC bun. Fingers crossed.

The buns are foster buns from Starlights but I am not sure if Beckham is the Dad.

Back