• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My big, nervous, adorable girl, Estelle. HER LIFE STORY, since being rescued! POST8

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
Estelle.

I am only the bringer of food to her. A very deep bunny who has troubles of her own. After being her Mummeh for over two years, she is still very wary of me.

I do, so love her. :love::love:

2011_02052011furryfamily0012.jpg

Last edited:
Estelle.

I am only the bringer of food to her. A very deep bunny who has troubles of her own. After being her Mummeh for over two years, she is still very wary of me.

I do, so love her. :love::love:

2011_02052011furryfamily0012.jpg

awwwwwwww she is lovely, may i ask what is her story?? why is she still so wary of you?? :wave:

Ah ... I was waiting for Estelle to appear. She's a gorgeous big girlie. :love:

I have a similar role in Spenser's life, although he does enjoy being petted as you have seen - only with all four paws firmly on the ground though. :roll:

Luscious!

Gotta love those who present a challenge :) Good on you for never giving up on her :) She's very lucky to have found you.

She is beautiful. :love::love::love:

I have had Cutie-pie for 6 months and she doesn't really like me going near her. Occasionally she lets me pat her around the ears and will take a crunchie off me.

awwwwwwww she is lovely, may i ask what is her story?? why is she still so wary of you?? :wave:

This is her story before I adopted her. I am quoting from Alice at Windwhistle.

"Poor Estelle is one of those rabbits for whom nothing has gone right.

She came into rescue in 2007 as a stray rabbit who was found in Cheltenham. She was very frightened and nervous.

She was homed to a Sanctuary for difficult to home rabbits. Whilst there she was bonded with an elderly male rabbit called Raphael. Unfortunately, shortly after, the Sanctuary moved to smaller premises and they did not have space to take all of the rabbits. Estelle returned here with Raphael.

They really were very happy together. I felt sad because there was no way I could give them the space they deserved, but they enjoyed each others company and were never far away from each others side.

Raphael had an ongoing tooth problem, and Estelle accompanied him with his regular vet visits for the year they were together. Regrettably the day came when Raphael had to be put to sleep leaving Estelle on her own.

I advertised her for a house home. Estelle loves her comfort and is such a clean rabbit. She was on RR for quite a few months, then she was spotted by someone looking for a partner for their neutered boy bunny.

They were bonded and Estelle returned with her partner to what we thought would be her 'Forever Home'.

However a fortnight in her home and Estelle had a fight with her new man, causing him to suffer a nasty bite to his ear. So, she had to come back to rescue, and another lucky bunny has now been bonded with Estelle's ex.

I really am at a loss as to what Estelle really wants, but I am desperate to do the right thing by her.

A cosy house home is a must. She does not adore human beings and regards us as the bearer of food and hay. However, whilst in her house home her foster mother said she was definitely getting more used to accepting head strokes etc. I do consider an experienced rabbit person, who adores them and has plenty of time to give her is also necessary if she is to be the only rabbit"

Alice bonded Estelle and Ambrose (RIP) in mid 2009 and they then came to live happily with me. They fell in love at first sight. Really besotted with each other.

Unfortunately Ambrose died in early 2011 and Estelle was once again on her own.

But not for long........................Frankie has now entered her life and hopefully they will spend many happy years together. :love::love:

The end. :D:D:D

Last edited:
This is her story before I adopted her. I am quoting from Alice at Windwhistle.

"Poor Estelle is one of those rabbits for whom nothing has gone right.

She came into rescue in 2007 as a stray rabbit who was found in Cheltenham. She was very frightened and nervous.

She was homed to a Sanctuary for difficult to home rabbits. Whilst there she was bonded with an elderly male rabbit called Raphael. Unfortunately, shortly after, the Sanctuary moved to smaller premises and they did not have space to take all of the rabbits. Estelle returned here with Raphael.

They really were very happy together. I felt sad because there was no way I could give them the space they deserved, but they enjoyed each others company and were never far away from each others side.

Raphael had an ongoing tooth problem, and Estelle accompanied him with his regular vet visits for the year they were together. Regrettably the day came when Raphael had to be put to sleep leaving Estelle on her own.

I advertised her for a house home. Estelle loves her comfort and is such a clean rabbit. She was on RR for quite a few months, then she was spotted by someone looking for a partner for their neutered boy bunny.

They were bonded and Estelle returned with her partner to what we thought would be her 'Forever Home'.

However a fortnight in her home and Estelle had a fight with her new man, causing him to suffer a nasty bite to his ear. So, she had to come back to rescue, and another lucky bunny has now been bonded with Estelle's ex.

I really am at a loss as to what Estelle really wants, but I am desperate to do the right thing by her.

A cosy house home is a must. She does not adore human beings and regards us as the bearer of food and hay. However, whilst in her house home her foster mother said she was definitely getting more used to accepting head strokes etc. I do consider an experienced rabbit person, who adores them and has plenty of time to give her is also necessary if she is to be the only rabbit"

Alice bonded Estelle and Ambrose (RIP) in mid 2009 and they then came to live happily with me. They fell in love at first sight. Really besotted with each other.

Unfortunately Ambrose died in early 2011 and Estelle was once again on her own.

But not for long........................Frankie has now entered her life and hopefully the will spend many happy years together. :love::love:

The end. :D:D:D

awwwwww bless her, she has been through alot. least she fell on her paws when she found you :) x

She's got/getting her happy ending :)

She DID strike lucky when you guys found each other. Lucky, lucky lady :)

Back