• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trying To Get Bun To Play More?

MikePalmer88

Alpha Buck
I have a very cute, calm and friendly bun!

Myself and my OH have both started new full time jobs - (luckily i work in university and she works in bar (so different shifts)

We love our bun lots and have given him our spare room!

Purchased him a tunnel, throw toys, wooden balls and given him lots of boxes and different levels to play with

Only thing is he doesnt seem interested at all (i dont think he has even been in the tunnel once :( )

So how can i try and engage him more and get him playing and doing more bunny things??

He will play more with a bunny friend so the best thing you can do for him is to get him neutered and find a him a friend :wave:

Yes i really want to get him a friend, anyone got any experience of two house buns living together - what sort of space would they need??

Mine are outside bunnies but I would have thought that your spare room would be fine for a pair. They also like a good run around in the garden too if you have one.

If you go to a rescue and get a girlfriend for him she will already be spayed and they may even be able to bond them for you.

In addition to the excellent advice Rhian has given, I found the best way to engage my bunnies was to hide their food, so they had to work for it. That can keep them busy. You might have to work towards hiding it though if you have never done anything like that before because you need to effectively teach them how to use their nose and to smell things out.

No access to a garden we live in city centre apartment block - its plenty big enough as we let mr schnapples have the run of the house whenver we are in.

Anyone know resuce in manchester?

We have mr schnapples booked in for the 15th august so will probs be looking at the 15th september or end of september til we look to get a rescue.

Anyone suggest anything to get mr schnapples more active in the mean time?

In addition to the excellent advice Rhian has given, I found the best way to engage my bunnies was to hide their food, so they had to work for it. That can keep them busy. You might have to work towards hiding it though if you have never done anything like that before because you need to effectively teach them how to use their nose and to smell things out.

:)

WORKED Placed some of his favourite foods in the tunnel and it took him a while to get in but he ate in there then scooted out

eatingtube.jpg

Back