• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats the best rabbit carrier?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hey

I need to buy a new carrier for the rabbits for trips to vets and to boarding. It needs to comfortably fit two mini rexes (2kg each), and preferably be secured in the car via a seatbelt. Any ideas? :)

yep we have two of these now...they are perfect...seatbelt in taxi......not as slippery as base of cat carrier...the towel/blanket stays where it is until buns move it:lol:

i think we got em from pet planet...wuill have to check. i love it that the top opens like butterfly wings and you can get your bunny out easily. if i had ore cash..id buy another two..for the cats:wave:

we have 2 pink ones..merlin looked so pretty in pink at the vets..he was very embarressed:lol:

I love these...

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=953&pf_id=52107

I have two, one each for my pairs who are 2.1 and 1.3 & 1.8 and 1.8

they look great but *dumb question alert* how do you keep a springy bunny in while you put his partner in and he is keeping his eye on the top opening??

if my carrier opened like that i would need two, one for the spring (alvin) and a separate one for holly :lol:

i would recommend the one i have but it seems its not sold anymore, i love it more than the atlas one i used to have :?

I love these...

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=953&pf_id=52107

I have two, one each for my pairs who are 2.1 and 1.3 & 1.8 and 1.8

I have this one as well its lovely always get lots of comments in the waiting room and when itten was in for her spay they asked in they could keep it to put her in after as it was so comfy..... i love it .... especcially that it can be seatbelted in one less thing to worry about on your way anywhere x

they look great but *dumb question alert* how do you keep a springy bunny in while you put his partner in and he is keeping his eye on the top opening??

if my carrier opened like that i would need two, one for the spring (alvin) and a separate one for holly :lol:

i would recommend the one i have but it seems its not sold anymore, i love it more than the atlas one i used to have :?

I 'unlock' the top, open it, catch rabbit, put one rabbit in, close the top loosely, grab other rabbit, put other rabbit in, close top and lock it. I haven't have one escape doing it this way, least not yet :lol:

I 'unlock' the top, open it, catch rabbit, put one rabbit in, close the top loosely, grab other rabbit, put other rabbit in, close top and lock it. I haven't have one escape doing it this way, least not yet :lol:

sounds perfect but ive had alvin escape an atlas (less gap at top), no flaw on the carriers im just too slow and thick for him :lol:

i really want one tho :oops:

On these you can close the top without locking it. However, I don't own an Alvin ;)

BTW I think we need some photos of your gorgeous two :p

On these you can close the top without locking it. However, I don't own an Alvin ;)

BTW I think we need some photos of your gorgeous two :p

noooo they look scruffy and im bored of plucking them :lol: :lol: RU would string me up for neglect if you saw them :shock:

I've got the Cabrio carriers too. You can either open them right up at the top or they have a normal opening door at the front if you think you've got a springy bun :lol:. By the way, Pea and Pod both go in one carrier and they're over 3kg each :shock:. They have enough room to stretch out but usually end up sat ontop of each other through fear of the car journey. However, the maximum time they're in this is only for about 1.5 hours (round trip to the vet plus consult time). It's not big enough to have them in it any longer.

I just bought Roxy the large one of these in the P@H sale, not sure on size yet but its due to arrive tomorrow so can get a pic of her in it for comparison :)

28690.jpg

i have just bought the one from wilkos...11.99 and its quite big....only need it for a ten minute journey to the vets so its pretty good for that :D

Back