• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Massive poos in run - UPDATE

Hi all
Just been out to the buns and there were two massive poos in the run. One was kind of made up of little grape like things and the other was just one massive poo. Have checked both of their bums and it seems to be Charlie as he has a big bit of poo stuck to his bum. Am about to clean him up but just wondered is it a vet job or shall I cut out his greens and treats and see if it clears. He is eating and drinking fine and perky.

They don't really have greens just herbs every other day. They have an eggcupful of pellets in the morning, constant hay and then at night they either have herbs or they have a small amount of dried hawthorn or dried herbs and a fenugreek crunchie.

Should I cut out the treats and just stick with hay and pellets.
Thing is am off on holiday on thursday

When I got to him to clean him it had already gone, so I presume he had cleaned himself up as the poo was nowhere to be seen!

Last edited:
It's probably just excess cecotrophs, they should eat these but sometimes, if their tummy is slightly off kilter they don't. I would stop any treats for a few days and encourage lots of hay eating.

It's probably just excess cecotrophs, they should eat these but sometimes, if their tummy is slightly off kilter they don't. I would stop any treats for a few days and encourage lots of hay eating.

Thanks I will do. He's not best pleased with me at the moment coz I had to check his bum twice this morning and he hates me picking him up! He went off in a grump after it , had a bit of a thump at me and turned his back!

Back