• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some of my faves from yesterdays photoshoot

WeeBarraxO

Warren Veteran
Someone was feeling very good :lol:
2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

I LOVE this shot :love:
5.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

13.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

20.jpg

30.jpg

39.jpg

44.jpg

56.jpg

58.jpg

46.jpg

One of my FAVES from today
45.jpg

the rest can be found on my website - www.mariamckennaphotography.co.uk

Thanks guys :D

:love::love::love: I LOVE that photo!!!

Is it just me that thinks it looks odd having a loose horse with a bridle on? :lol:

thank you :D, yeah, the lady was wanting some with his new bridle on as it was someone on a forum we are on that made it :D, so wanted some with it on to show her how it fits etc :D

Fab pics and he's such a beauty. I can see you doing really well at this photography lark. Well done and good luck.

Hope you don't mind me making a few suggestions / comments. They are meant only as 'things you might want to think about' - feel free to ignore them completely.

I really like 44 + 46. On those shots, the horse stands out against the background and help reinforce the horse as the subject. On some of the others, the backgrounds are a bit busy - particularly the fencing, with strong lines that distract the eye and cut across the subject.

Exposures seem good too, very little blowing out of highlights on the horse.

Some of the shots seem a bit 'soft' too - it can be very difficult to capture quickly moving objects in focus and it is normally a balance between getting a fast enough shutter speed (to avoid subject blur) and a small enough aperture to get the depth of focus. Opening up the aperture could have helped to increase the shutter speed, and reduce the depth of focus to help isolate the horse against a blurred background- but of course your focusing would then get tricker.

I'd be interested to know what shutter/ap/iso settings you used - and also what lens.

Thanks everyone :D

Hope you don't mind me making a few suggestions / comments. They are meant only as 'things you might want to think about' - feel free to ignore them completely.

I really like 44 + 46. On those shots, the horse stands out against the background and help reinforce the horse as the subject. On some of the others, the backgrounds are a bit busy - particularly the fencing, with strong lines that distract the eye and cut across the subject.

Exposures seem good too, very little blowing out of highlights on the horse.

Some of the shots seem a bit 'soft' too - it can be very difficult to capture quickly moving objects in focus and it is normally a balance between getting a fast enough shutter speed (to avoid subject blur) and a small enough aperture to get the depth of focus. Opening up the aperture could have helped to increase the shutter speed, and reduce the depth of focus to help isolate the horse against a blurred background- but of course your focusing would then get tricker.

I'd be interested to know what shutter/ap/iso settings you used - and also what lens.

thank you :), I am always looking for some cc & what I need to improve on,

emm shutter speed was around 600 & up, ISO was kept at 100 & ap was between 4.5 & 8 I think

I was using my 70-300mm for most of them & my 50mm 1.8 for a few too :)

thanks I've been working on my exposure & now know its always better to be a little dark than be over exposed as its alot easier to sort a dark photos than an over exposed blown out one :)

Last edited:
Back