• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting water into a poorly bun

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
I have given Twinkle some vege that has been washed and is sitting in a little water. Will this help to keep her hydrated?

Have to tried syringing it, but let her take it from the syringe rather than actually syringing it down he as this would cause damage and something that I cannot spell!

also maybe add a dropof jucie to the water? i do this in the summer to encourage them to drink more x

Fill abit of the food bowl with water, and place the veg in there.
They'll suck up the water whilst eating

Syringe it or steep a herbal teabag in it for a while before giving it to them, sometimes that encourages them to drink.

Thanks everyone :wave: I tried the syringe but she wasn't having any of it. So when I put her vege in the bowl I left some water in the bottom. Will get some juice today to see if I can tempt her that way.

Its been a long couple of days and I am so tired from getting up 5 times a night to check on her.

I tend to use two bowls of water, one with basic water and one laced with something yummy (depending on the bunny the things can be mint infusion, chamomile infusion, cranberry juice, apple juice, etc).

When I've had cause to use probiotics I've noticed that the buns drink the water about 5 times faster :shockL probably because it's delicious. Could you try that?

Also, changing the water very regularly can work, and also boiled water that ahs cooled down.

When I've had cause to use probiotics I've noticed that the buns drink the water about 5 times faster :shockL probably because it's delicious. Could you try that?

Where can I get probiotics and is it safe to use on a poorly bun? Also will it harm Milo if he drinks some?

Back