• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Having a slight wobble about leaving my buns for 3 weeks!

Am off on holiday on thursday and leaving the buns with my very lovely and very capable boarding lady. They have boarded with her several times before and I have no worries about her care and that they will be well looked after, but this week I have turned into an overprotective bunny mummy. I feel like I felt when I left my son at nursery the first time when he was little!

Am I going nuts!? Or do other people feel like this when they leave their buns? I have never left them for 3 weeks before. So think that is why I am freaking a bit.

My OH thinks I am being over sensitive!

I was in Somerset for 6 weeks because of work , May into June and now I am in Germany for 2 weeks and it's hard leaving my bunsters. They stay with Amy (AbbyMarySmokey on RU) and I know they get fantastic care, but I hate leaving them.

I don't have that much interaction with them because they are happiest with each other, but I love them to bits. I feel mean leaving them x

I think it's perfectly natural. I am usually only away for a week, and am ok. thankfully they also have really good boarding too. It's probably the length of time that's bothering you. It sounds like you have confidence with where you board them, so once you're away, you'll really enjoy your holiday hopefully.

Thanks all! You have made me feel a bit better now. We don't usually go for that length of time, it's a bit of a special trip this year. I just feel so terrible for them, like I am abandoning them. My boarding lady is fantastic and she will call me if there is anything wrong at all. She is very experienced with rabbits so I have no worries there. I know that once I have got them settled and seen they are ok I will be fine. It's the thought of leaving them I think!

:oops: im always a mess when i leave bella and jasper. they usually stay at home and my mum pops in a few times a day and i know she knows what to do but she still gets a phone call morning and night to give me an update :oops:

oh and when they stayed with the in laws i was worse. i dunno why but knowing they are at home is one thing but knowing they are someone else, where they are not used to gets me in a tizzy :oops:

bella goes into hiding which makes me feel so guilty, whoever looks after them wont see her as she hides :oops:

(think she is a drama queen :roll: dunno where she gets that from :lol: )

xx

Back