• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heatstroke in rabbits?

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
I know what the main symptoms of heatstroke is but is there early symptoms of heatstroke like loss off appetite?

Fudge eats all her food just not her usual eat-all-at-once way, its now eat my food over a couple of hours!

The house is really warm this time of year and its hard trying to keep it cool eonugh!

She is fine every other way. She does have really hot ears sometimes and lays streched out all the time, only been the past few weeks shes been like this!

Ive got a flooring tile (had in the fridge to cool it down) in the room and she is happily lying on that, got all windows open and got a fan on it the room for her, she isnt feeling hot anymore but yesterday her ears were red hot!

Just looking to see if the heat is causing this?
Advice on heatstroke symptoms etc would be appreciated!

Oh when i say her eating pattern is different it only refers to her pellets! Any treat is scoffed right away and all veg is eaten straight away like normal!

:wave::wave:

Back