• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

JaJa does not like carrots!

lousilverfox

Mama Doe
just popped some dried carrot for Jaja in his bowl

he tried a bit and made the most awful noise! :shock:

never heard him make that noise before

hes left the carrot and gone back to his bed :?

Last edited:
Epic carrot fail.

Are you sure he hasn't got any caught in his throat or anything and the noise you heard wasn't a cough to shift it?

Epic carrot fail.

Are you sure he hasn't got any caught in his throat or anything and the noise you heard wasn't a cough to shift it?

it could well of been! at first it sounded like a deep sneeze, he did it 3 times :?

the carrot is from a packet: Beaphar XtraVital apple and Carrot Crunch, its just a new treat i thought i would try, but im going to bin it and try him with a wee cube of frsh carrot another day :)

How is he doing now? Is he still coughing? Or has he stopped?

If he is stopped it might be worthwhile feeding him something you know he eats and is comfortable eating. If he is still coughing it would be worthwhile consulting a vet.

How is he doing now? Is he still coughing? Or has he stopped?

If he is stopped it might be worthwhile feeding him something you know he eats and is comfortable eating. If he is still coughing it would be worthwhile consulting a vet.

aww hes totally fine now :) was just that few coughs, hes runing around the livingroom like the road runner :lol:

will go a get some pelets out for him to munch on, to be on the safe side.

Ta for help :D

Mine hate carrot too. Nobody ever believes me when I tell them.

Me too. Spenser won't even eat Morrison's 'the best' Chantennay carrots. He once had a bag of mixed dried apple and carrot, and he did eat those. Fresh carrot is a definite no-no though. :no:

Frankie is like this was strawberries. I could have sworn he would have said 'bleh' if he could make that sound. :lol:

Doesn't like carrots?!?! :shock:

My Mum gave Hopscotch some (fresh) carrot the other day. He started nibbling it on the carpet, so she went to take it off him to give it to him in the kitchen. He hopped off with it in his mouth so she couldn't take it away from him :lol: He insisted on having it in the living room, leaving tiny bits of orange carrot everywhere :lol: He went back to finish them though!

Back