• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Went to Shustoke and Whitacre show today.. :( Pics.

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
It started out great! Got a tan ;) great shows etc but..
They had for the first time this year, a guinea pig judging show.. from the Guinea Pig Society so I thought it would be fine because they were 'pros' but no :( Around half had no water, the ones by the openings were cool but the ones in the corners were boiling! Some of them were so big they could literally only tun around. Some had no hay or shade. And they had a tent on the other side of the field with a corner run kind of thing, with gates and straw bales blocking the animals in but on g-pig was burrowing out and none of them seemed to care! :evil: My mom kept telling them but they just looked blankly at her. They had snakes, bearded dragons and things like that in the tent in plastic boxes and it was so hot in there.. But in the run thing they had about 9 guinea pigs fighting for shade as the DUCKLINGS and HEN CHICKS were all under the umberella.. As we were walking away this RABBIT came bouding out and nearly kicked a chick! A single rabbit, looked like my Donny, the poor thing was so hot :( Water was green and the ducklings kept peeing in it (they were for sale).. and it could easily jump out. At which point I would have sneaked it away ;) I told them and so did my mom but they were like "oh they'll be okay" yeah, fine, when one of your g-pigs or chicks or ducklings gets kicked by the bunny don't say we didn't warn you :roll:

These are the g-pigs :(
They were there ALL day, from when the got there at 8 till 5 :(

PICT0151.jpg

PICT0150.jpg

PICT0148.jpg

This poor thing has nothing but sawdust and pee :(
PICT0147.jpg

PICT0146.jpg

PICT0145.jpg

PICT0144.jpg

Last edited:
Poor things, they can't even move around and it was so hot yesterday they must have suffered so much.

And all for Humans to have the "best" looking animal :(

Back