• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vibes (again...)

winnies angel

Mama Doe
As you know angel has mouth disease which is getting worse. Anyways when winnie died angel stopped eating her greens and then went in couple of weeks later for her dental (gets them every 4-12 weeks) she still hasn't ate greens since, her eyes are poorly and we made the decision to get a 2nd opinion as sadly our vet seems to keep contradicting herself (she goes this week to see judith brown) yesterday though we had to go back to our vet as her eye was really sore and when vet asked how she was etc etc and told the same story as last time she examined her jaws and said it seems angel is in 'chronic discomfort looks like arthritis in her jaws' so she is on pain relief. Vet said to see if it makes a difference within an hour of med she has ate all her greens and more even trying hay, well her style.
I asked if she was in pain if it was fair and vet said oh yeah Id tell you when it was time.
Please can we have vibes for angel...

Last edited:
I'm sorry your vet is letting you down. I'm sure your second opinion will go much better :D

I would definitely suggest keeping her on the pain relief (as prescribed by your vet) until your second opinion because then you know she is not in pain.

Having to take daily pain relief does not have to be the end of her life though. I have sky here just starting the rest of his life (likely) on pain relief because he has Arthritis in one hip and as long as he is comfy and bright, that's fine. I also have Wish who has been on pain relief since last August and is still going strong and very happy with life.

Listen to Angel. She will tell you.

I hope she keeps improving (with or without meds) and feels better in herself quickly.

I'm sorry your vet is letting you down. I'm sure your second opinion will go much better :D

I would definitely suggest keeping her on the pain relief (as prescribed by your vet) until your second opinion because then you know she is not in pain.

Having to take daily pain relief does not have to be the end of her life though. I have sky here just starting the rest of his life (likely) on pain relief because he has Arthritis in one hip and as long as he is comfy and bright, that's fine. I also have Wish who has been on pain relief since last August and is still going strong and very happy with life.

Listen to Angel. She will tell you.

I hope she keeps improving (with or without meds) and feels better in herself quickly.

Winston was on pain relief for all th years we had him until his time few weeks ago.
Angel doesn't usually get it after dentals (although sometimes I sneek it to her as I couldn't bear the thought of toothache) I'm not worried if she needsit for life as long as she isnt suffering but I am annoyed that I am not being listened to by vet when I say what the problem is and that my buns are having to live in pain (angel 5 weeks and winston a good 10+ before being giving the go ahead to give pain relief)
I was worried as she wasn't eating but since getting metacam she is wolfing down food poor sod.
I just dont want a vet to more less say that my buns are in constant pain and for them to carry on like that, if they are suffering I would always take the hardest way out and end their pain if thats what is best.
Its more just to check we are doing everything we can for angel that I want another opinion. For past few years she has been on eye drops and few weeks ago I went to get more but was told its just a comfort thing for me angel doesn't really need them her eyes are fine but if I want the drops then I can have them. I didnt bother getting them as I thought well whats the point and why have I been paying £24 a month for 3 years? now her eye is infected and she is put back on the drops although she doesn't need them? :?

Ah, I'm with you, sorry. I personally couldn't work with or trust a vet like that. Would looking to switch practices be a possibility?

We use the same vet as Winnies Angel and we drive an hours journey to use them, we have never had a problem with the vet in question and found her to be a brilliant rabbit vet, she is very popular and so very busy. I recently took one of our rabbits to her with polyps that another vet in Harrogate said she couldn't do anything for and yet our vet has done a wonderful job of removing them. We certainly wouldn't go anywhere else.

Sending tonnes of pain free vibes for little Angel xxxx

I understand how hard it is when you worry your bun is in pain. I was sure that something was wrong with Darcy but my vet kept saying his back legs seemed fine. I finally got the xray done and it proved he had a problem - spondilosis of the vertebrae (spinal osteo-arthritis). Now on constant pain relief metacam.

Sending you big ((((Hugs)))))) xxx

We use the same vet as Winnies Angel and we drive an hours journey to use them, we have never had a problem with the vet in question and found her to be a brilliant rabbit vet, she is very popular and so very busy. I recently took one of our rabbits to her with polyps that another vet in Harrogate said she couldn't do anything for and yet our vet has done a wonderful job of removing them. We certainly wouldn't go anywhere else.

We have used the vet for years and followed her everywhere she goes (3 practices) I dont want to change vets but need to check we are doing everything we can.
I certainly dont want to give her bad reputation as I have told loads of people to go to her and she is great but just want to double check that we are doing the best we can.

Last edited:
Back