• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Savvy Vets throughout the UK- Please List

Hi,

I just thought it may be nice to have a list of vets that have been rabbit savvy and people have been happy with on RU.

If anyone could list any vets they recommend throughout the UK that would be great.

What are your specific good experiences with the particular vet?- i.e successfully neutered a rabbit or successfully dealt with a condition.

Thanks
~Jane

Jason Burgess here:
www.woodvet.co.uk

He divides his time between the two surgeries but I believe he is mostly based at Quedgeley :)

He's very bunny savvy and deals with a variety of "exotic" pets too ranging from small furries to reptiles, birds, etc.

With regard to vaccs, he uses Lapinject as standard for VHD :)

Emily at

www.ninelivesvets.co.uk in redbourn, herts

She has successfully treated my bunny for leukemia as well as excellent service in routine appts like vaccinations, neuters and also treated stasis, abcesses, and the like. They have a special interest in exotics at the practice.

Arden house in Greenford, London
Successful two neuters,

Roseanna at The Pet vaccination Centre
Lapinject jabs
She helped and advised me what to do about Lucky's respiratory infection :)

We go to Pred (don't actually know his surname but he owns the vets) at Chantry Vets in and around Wakefield. I think there are 6 or 7 surgeries now, he works over most of the surgeries, we follow him to whichever one he's at when we need to go :D.

100% Jason, he is brilliant!.

He is! He's also very good with people. Never makes you feel like you're taking time out of his day when you have an appointment or when he asks you to call him. I find some vets are good with animals but don't have many people skills (like the boss guy at the vet in our village who talked to me like I was stupid and worthless), Jason is like the rabbit whisperer and he's really good at explaining things, answering questions, and making pet owners feel at ease. Always seems interested in the animal as an individual as well.

I can't recommend him enough!

Back