• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Looking for a rabbit savvy vet in Oxfordshire (within 30 miles of Bicester)

ElsasMummy

Warren Scout
I have had no luck with vets so far!

Can anyone recommend a good rabbit vet within 30 miles of OX26 3ZA?

I want a vet to do a thorough dental check and general wellbeing check including bloods etc as Elsa is nearly 9 and has been acting strangely.

Would really appreciate if anyone has any recommendations!

Thanks,

Holly

Hi there. I live in Bicester and use Bicester vets. The vet I see is Cliff and I find him very helpful and knowledgable. I had to have full bloods on my bunny a year ago, I was very worried but he put me at ease. There is also a very good female vet but I forget her name (Alison maybe). I do highly recommend cliff though.

Thank you! I'm glad there's a good vet so near, have been to both Hart and Bicester vets in the last month and neither of the vets I've seen have seemed very rabbit savvy (no disrespect to them.)

Have you needed any dental work done at Bicester vets? I suspect that may be needed.

Thanks for your reply, I may book in with Cliff next week :)

x

Thank you! I'm glad there's a good vet so near, have been to both Hart and Bicester vets in the last month and neither of the vets I've seen have seemed very rabbit savvy (no disrespect to them.)

Have you needed any dental work done at Bicester vets? I suspect that may be needed.

Thanks for your reply, I may book in with Cliff next week :)

x

If you have a specific problem, would it be worth going to see Great Western Referrals in Swindon, which is an exotic vet.

Woods vetenary group in Quedgeley, Jason Burgess is a bunny god, used by many people on here, including a rescue or two :wave:

I haven't had a dental however he did check there teeth to see if we needed one and seemed very competent. I have had a few speyed with no problem and a suspected EC case (which thankfully wasn't). Each time they have been great. Let me know how u get on x

I went to Bicester vets today, Cliff was on holiday so I saw Lucy and was really impressed :)

She was a very thorough and competent rabbit vet and I have Elsa booked in for a dental on Thursday. Will request to see her again in the future and I'm pleased that I know Cliff is good if she's ever unavailable! :)

Back