• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Companion Care Vets

Living_a_lie

Mama Doe
Okay so I took Selina to the vets this morning for her myxi vac as she is going into boarding she needs to have both the myxi and VHD. So I emailed the vets the other week and checked the price for the 2 and they sent me:

"We do a rabbit course which is £35 for both the myx and VHD."

So I took that to mean that I would only need to pay £35 for the lot right?

When I got there today I had to pay £35 for just the first one! and in two weeks its £25 for the next :shock::shock: Should I take the email with me and show the receptionist?

Okay so I took Selina to the vets this morning for her myxi vac as she is going into boarding she needs to have both the myxi and VHD. So I emailed the vets the other week and checked the price for the 2 and they sent me:

"We do a rabbit course which is £35 for both the myx and VHD."

So I took that to mean that I would only need to pay £35 for the lot right?

When I got there today I had to pay £35 for just the first one! and in two weeks its £25 for the next :shock::shock: Should I take the email with me and show the receptionist?

Yes! If that sentence is what they told you, then I would have read it as £35 for both. Good luck!

Wow thats a ridiculous price! I pay about £13-£14 for a vaccination. Are you sure the £35 wasnt paying up front for both the vaccinations? If not then it is a complete rip off and I would be inclined to ring around and see if you can find a better price.

Well most of the places up here seem to be about £20 each but because I got the email that said £35 for the two this seemed like a decent option.

But it was definately only for one because she said 'This is for the myxi, you pay for the second one when you come in' :shock: I'm not really sure what to do now.. at this rate I'm gonna be broke :shock: lol.

I think I might ring up the vets in the morning and see what they say.. then decide what to do. I knew I had read somewhere that it was £35 for two but I couldn't remember where.

EDIT: just rang them and it turns out the receptionist I saw was wrong and that it IS only £35 so wont have to pay again. But will take the email with me next time :)

Last edited:
Well most of the places up here seem to be about £20 each but because I got the email that said £35 for the two this seemed like a decent option.

But it was definately only for one because she said 'This is for the myxi, you pay for the second one when you come in' :shock: I'm not really sure what to do now.. at this rate I'm gonna be broke :shock: lol.

I think I might ring up the vets in the morning and see what they say.. then decide what to do. I knew I had read somewhere that it was £35 for two but I couldn't remember where.

EDIT: just rang them and it turns out the receptionist I saw was wrong and that it IS only £35 so wont have to pay again. But will take the email with me next time :)

Phew! To pay £60 for two vaccinations would have been way over the top! Glad you have got it sorted! :D

:shock: Goodness! was going to say, I'm sure it's just the £35 but you have to pay it all at the first appointment. Gald you got it sorted :)

I work at one of the Norwich branches and ours are £21.40 per jab or £42 for myxo and VHD if paid for together. I would take the email in to the receptionist, if that's what they wrote to you then they should honour it really!!

Back