• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Addition! - Crested Gecko

Pie

Warren Veteran
*REPTILE WARNING*
I would like to introduce Garrus (10 points for those who pick up on the name! ;))
He is a 2yr old (approx) Male Yellow Tiger Dalmation, Crested Gecko :D
I got him last sunday, he hasn't eaten yet so I'll give him a few more days to settle and then if no joy I'll try him with some nommy crickets (yuk! :mrgreen:)
Excuse the quality of the pics - were taken on my phone. They really don't do him justice. He is simply stunning!

Him in the shop with his previous owner (he was used as a breeding male) - you can see how yellow he goes when fired up! :D
ff6f7901.jpg

First day at home
8f8c36e0.jpg

3470f67a.jpg

This shows off his back and tail markings nicely - they get darker when he's fired up.
2be166e3.jpg

1b70917d.jpg

Snoozin'
47d4074c.jpg

And his new home - will be adding a waterfall/fogger and more hanging plants soon.
7d9de41e.jpg

This is what the background of his vivarium looks like - Mayan design
8ffa1bf6.jpg

Last edited:
He's lovely :)

How big is his viv? And is that as big as they get? My flatmate's thinking of getting a crestie, and I'm sure yours looks bigger than the one they said would be fine in the shop.

Thanks all! :wave: He really is gorgeous. When he settles in a bit more I'll take some proper photos of him.

Gorgeous!!!
:love::love::love::love:

Particularly a fan of the name. Is his last name Vakarian?

10 points to you!! ;) Yes, It's a character from the game Mass Effect

Dont show me or I will want one :love::love::love:
He is gorgeous
Are they scaley or soft to touch? :love:

Very soft to the touch, and warm too. He is the type of arboreal (sticky) geckos that can climb up walls - even glass. It feels really odd when they run over you., but not unpleasant.

He's lovely :)

How big is his viv? And is that as big as they get? My flatmate's thinking of getting a crestie, and I'm sure yours looks bigger than the one they said would be fine in the shop.

The viv is an Exo-Terra 45x45x60 (45cm wide, 45cm deep & 60 cm high) - this is the size that is good for 1 or 2 adults. If you get a juvenile or hatchling you would need to put it in a smaller 'faunarium'.
I love Cresties & Gargoyle geckos. Such fun to watch! :D

Back