• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do with Sparrow.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Sparrow is about 6 weeks old and doing well. He is in the chinchilla room, so it is cool in a small zoozone cage. I don't have anything bigger for him to go into in the house- bar spacings still too big in most things. He needs more space as he is very active. He is not vaccinated yet but all my others are, and I'm wondering about putting him into a 6th hutch in the kennels, do you think this will be ok!

my wild doe Rag was content in a 6x2x2 hutch with daily access to run around the garden for an hour or so in the evening.
Would you be able to attach a run/play area to his hutch at all? So he can go in and out as he pleases? even if its connected via something like a long length of runaround system tube?

The long term plan is that he/ she will join a pair to make a trio, but he is so small at the moment I don't want him outside and from most of the runs I suspect he will escape from- this is just until he is a bit bigger.

Back