• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dilema

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Not sure what to do....

I need a small rabbit hutch - 3ft x18" x18" for inside my new playhouse, it needs to be this size so it can double as a little shelf for them to look out of the window as well as being a cozy sleeping area in winter. But I don't want to buy one online as it just encourages sellers to sell small hutches :?

I can't make anything as I am exhausted from DIY and just can't force myself to build anything else.

So should I just buy one, which gives out the wrong message...... :?

Have you tried ebay, free adds ect. That way you'd get what you want but also stop someone else using one as a permant housing.

Yes I've been looking round but 2nd hand ones are usually pick up only and they are never near by. I am also very wary of second hand hutches unless I know who they are coming from especially with some of our bunnies being vulnerable :?

I think it's fine to but a second hand one for this purpose - it stops someone else buying that particular small hutch to use as a main house for a rabbit :)

It's not encouraging pet stores by buying small hutches from them - most people who sell them on second hand have finished with them anyway, so they're not making a profit like a trader does :)

Its fine second hand, stops someone else buying it, i had one given too me that i use in my shed, they were going to sell it if i didn't want it so just removed the door and restained it x

Freecycle? You can put wanted notice on there as well.

We have several small second hand hutches in our enclosures, and the bunnies love sitting on top of them. They are great for this purpose, but I completely understand why you wouldn't want to buy one.

its a shame you're not closer liz as i was given a small hutch (unused) and i keep it for storing hay in when my other store is full:?

I've got one that I got from Kris - I don't use it any more because the bunnies kept weeing in it. :roll: I think it's 4ft though or I could have tried to get it up to you somehow. :?

I've got one that I got from Kris - I don't use it any more because the bunnies kept weeing in it. :roll: I think it's 4ft though or I could have tried to get it up to you somehow. :?

Wonder if they were making a point? :lol:

Id try local newspapers too! Ive often seen old hutches for £30 or so for sale...with no buns in! Perhaps we can all look out for one for you and try get it to you somehow?
Do you know anyone who could possibly pick it up for you?:?

Id try local newspapers too! Ive often seen old hutches for £30 or so for sale...with no buns in! Perhaps we can all look out for one for you and try get it to you somehow?
Do you know anyone who could possibly pick it up for you?:?

Thank you. Steve would be able to pick one up but not want to travel too far given the cost of petrol. All the ones on ebay seem to be right up north!

Back