• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Naughty impulse buy

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I got paid yesterday and did something a bit daft even though I really can't afford to...I bought a playhouse on Ebay! :oops:

We're desperate for single level rabbit housing here at the sanctuary because we have lots of rabbits who can't manage ramps or steps, and it fits perfectly in a space I have in garden, so I couldn't resist

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320731525627&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT

Mind you, it's probably best to buy it at this point of the month before all the vets bills start eating away at my pay packet.

Anyone else feel their wages burning a hole in their pocket on payday and buy naughty stuff like me?

I got paid yesterday and did something a bit daft even though I really can't afford to...I bought a playhouse on Ebay! :oops:

We're desperate for single level rabbit housing here at the sanctuary because we have lots of rabbits who can't manage ramps or steps, and it fits perfectly in a space I have in garden, so I couldn't resist

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320731525627&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT

Mind you, it's probably best to buy it at this point of the month before all the vets bills start eating away at my pay packet.

Anyone else feel their wages burning a hole in their pocket on payday and buy naughty stuff like me?

Yes, but i have to resist the urge right now!

Im the same but now at the end of the month and lots of bills to pay im regreating it:oops::( That playhouse was a brill price:D

Oh go on...you know you want to! :lol:

We can't afford it either. We've got to have new central heating put in at a cost of over £6,000...eeep! :shock:

I splurged with some of my money i got from my Nans will on a new camera, i think that'll do as my splurging urges for now :)

OOO Thanks for the link, I will purchasing one shortly, do you attach a run or do you just let them out in one? :wave:

That's a bargain you could not miss. Just been paid and bought a car so it's easier to get the buns in. Now need to stop spending with all the bits I bought for diegos playhouse refurb.

OOO Thanks for the link, I will purchasing one shortly, do you attach a run or do you just let them out in one? :wave:

I sometimes attach a proper run on slabs, that the rabbits can have 24/7 access to. But if the playhouse is for a bun who can't be on concrete, then I'll just attach a wire panel run to the front and let them out under supervision. We have lots of foxes here so we can't allow unsupervised access to runs on grass in case buns dig out or foxes dig in.

This playhouse is for our new arrival who has deformed front legs and needs a nice soft surface for her poorly tootsies. Pics here: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=301156

I sometimes attach a proper run on slabs, that the rabbits can have 24/7 access to. But if the playhouse is for a bun who can't be on concrete, then I'll just attach a wire panel run to the front and let them out under supervision. We have lots of foxes here so we can't allow unsupervised access to runs on grass in case buns dig out or foxes dig in.

This playhouse is for our new arrival who has deformed front legs and needs a nice soft surface for her poorly tootsies. Pics here: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=301156

Thanks Amy, I will have lots of questions about outdoor stuff soon I'm sure, have seen some lovely big gardens :love:

Errrrrrrrr, Yeah - Until the banks empty! :oops:

Is there anything your needing particularly at the mo Amy? XX

What have you splurged on recently Becki? I need confessions from other people to make me feel better about my impulse buy! :lol:

I bought a load of veterinary supplies and vet bed yesterday too, so we're pretty well stocked for supplies atm Becki, but any toys (especially those willow ones that last about 5 minutes before the buns destroy them :roll:) are always greatly appreciated because we struggle to afford anything but absolute necessities for the sanctuary buns :)

I don't get paid in the summer, which is a good disincentive against impulse buying.

I think your impulse buy looks like a very good investment. :thumb:

What have you splurged on recently Becki? I need confessions from other people to make me feel better about my impulse buy! :lol:

I bought a load of veterinary supplies and vet bed yesterday too, so we're pretty well stocked for supplies atm Becki, but any toys (especially those willow ones that last about 5 minutes before the buns destroy them :roll:) are always greatly appreciated because we struggle to afford anything but absolute necessities for the sanctuary buns :)

A toy order now winging its way to the Wilford Buns. Better do some work now, Oops! :oops: :lol:

As for my impulse buys, I;d say at least one a day! :oops:

Lol, I was watching that Ebay listing and I was really tempted to bid on it, but my OH wasn't in when it was ending and I wanted to check with him it was OK.

Glad I didn't bid and get us into a bidding war! ;)

Payday doesn't make much difference to me - my overdraft just reduces a bit! Once my direct debits go out, there is very little left anyway.

Back