• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice please on Grim's nose plugs.

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
Grimlock has snuffles and has nasal discharge. This gets mixed with fur and dries on his nose. I call them nose plugs. I try to wipe his nose a few times every day but on the second day it's already started forming and won't come off with just wiping. I have to wrap him in a towel and soak it with water using a baby sponge. But he gets so stressed out with anyone going near his face. :( He is really good at wriggling in the towel as well and I think he's cut his chin by sticking his back feet forwards and kicking.

Can anyone think of a better way of getting these nose plugs off without stressing him too much? Because the more stressed he is the worse the snuffle are and the worse his nose plugs will be. :?

I wonder if a dab of petroleum jelly would stop the sticking?
Please check with others or vet that it's bunny safe though. You may get some better ideas hopefully.

Oooh! Good idea. And it is safe as my vet advised me to use it round his eyes when they lost fur.

I too was thinking vaseline. It was something we used for Tubby's eyes to stop a similar thing happening.

Is it sticking to his fur that is causing the problem?

It's sticking to his fur but I also think loose fur is getting stuck too, making a big, solid lump of it. :( I'll get his current one off and try the vaseline.

Back