• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Benji's Thread

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
Was just having a cuddle with my little man, as I bring him in every evening for extra food since he's lost a lot of weight.

I've had to bathe his feet as they were sopping wet, which has irritated his hocks and they look so, so sore again :(

I only cleaned them out this morning and they're on vet bed and foam tiles, but Cupcake is just peeing everywhere, I don't know how to stop it:cry:

Last edited:
Aww poor Benji :( I don't know what to suggest, are they only recently bonded? Cupcake might stop once she's settled x

:( benji!

lilly and val tend to pee on anything soft or comfy, im not sure what to sugest to help her stop :/xx

See that's the thing, I have to put the mats and vet bed down for benji's feet, but Cupcake pees all over it and gets Ben's feet wet which means his sore hocks are getting worse. When I tried not putting the soft stuff down, Cupcake only peed in the litter box, but the lino was too slippy for Benji... it's a lose lose situation :(

I think I'm going to try putting another litter box in their hutch, it's only a problem during the night as obviously they're out on the grass during the day. Either that or I'm going to get them onto aubiose/megazorb:?

A layer of hay on top of the vet bed may help it drain quicker?

I dont know what else to suggest :/

eta just read your last post. Can you not put them back on normal flooring, then change to foam when she s a bit better? Good for hocks but not fluffy. Or change to a layer of hay for the floor.

A layer of hay on top of the vet bed may help it drain quicker?

I dont know what else to suggest :/

eta just read your last post. Can you not put them back on normal flooring, then change to foam when she s a bit better? Good for hocks but not fluffy. Or change to a layer of hay for the floor.

I don't think she WILL get better though, she just goes where she wants:(

And there's no way I'd risk Benji hurting himself by slipping over:?

thats a hard situation hmm you need soemthing that wont iritate his feet but not something too cosy for cupcake to pee on hmmm :bunny:

sorry....dont have any advice....what a difficult situation...:? hoping someone with similar things comes along with some idea's for you ;)

hmm sorry don't know what to suggest :( but do you think its possible that cupcake might be incontinent and somethings wrong? if she;s just started doing it :? im probably completely wrong so you can just ignore me :oops::lol: hope she starts using the litter tray agaain soon!!

Think I've been blaming the wrong rabbit :cry:

Woke up this morning and Benji is COVERED in urine. I think it must be him who is incontinent, Cupcake is clean as anything:cry:

I'm just about to book him in at the vets, and will try and get something for his hocks whilst there as well. He's still so happy though, it's inspiring in a way. I've just quickly bathed his feet and bum and he seems fine... I'm just so worried :cry:

Please send vibes:cry:

Vets is a good idea :)

It sounds like maybe something is causing him to lose weight, and that, naturally, you put it down to a change in circumstances. Even if he wasn't struggling with his urine, then a vet check would still be sensible.

Good luck at the vets, I hope they can find out what's wrong.

Vets is a good idea :)

It sounds like maybe something is causing him to lose weight, and that, naturally, you put it down to a change in circumstances. Even if he wasn't struggling with his urine, then a vet check would still be sensible.

Good luck at the vets, I hope they can find out what's wrong.

Thankyou, I'm just so worried we'll get there and they'll try to pts or something.

Thankyou, I'm just so worried we'll get there and they'll try to pts or something.

They can't put him to sleep without your say so, try not to worry about that. As long as Benji is happy and bright, there's no reason to PTS :)

Has his incontinence occurred suddenly? If so, i wonder if he maybe has a UTI or something?

Vets definately best though :)

They can't put him to sleep without your say so, try not to worry about that. As long as Benji is happy and bright, there's no reason to PTS :)

Has his incontinence occurred suddenly? If so, i wonder if he maybe has a UTI or something?

Vets definately best though :)

Yes very suddenly. I had my doubts for a few days when his feet were always wet despite me cleanng them out several times a day (trying in vain to keep his feet dry and clean) but he was just covered in it this morning.

Has he been panacured? If not it might be worth a try as weightloss and incontinence were the only symptoms my Thomas showed :wave: Good luck at the vets, and I'm pretty sure they can't pts without owners permission :? so don't let that worry you. x

If they suggest that as an option (which is highly unlikely), then your right, as an owner, is to decline.

Right now, Benji has a quality of life and is happy and lively and there is no reason to have him PTS. Yes, maybe he needs some additional help at the mo, but that is all.

I will be making a post about exactly this over the coming weeks because nearly a year ago I was advised to have Wish PTS and I knew it wasn't right for Wish and one year on she is going strong.

It's very unlikely it will come up, but if it does, trust your gut about what is best for him and advocate on his behalf. Speak up and ask any questions, voice any concerns and fight for whatever you think is best for him :)

If they suggest that as an option (which is highly unlikely), then your right, as an owner, is to decline.

Right now, Benji has a quality of life and is happy and lively and there is no reason to have him PTS. Yes, maybe he needs some additional help at the mo, but that is all.

I will be making a post about exactly this over the coming weeks because nearly a year ago I was advised to have Wish PTS and I knew it wasn't right for Wish and one year on she is going strong.

It's very unlikely it will come up, but if it does, trust your gut about what is best for him and advocate on his behalf. Speak up and ask any questions, voice any concerns and fight for whatever you think is best for him :)

Thankyou:) That's made me feel a bit better.

I guess I'm just worried because he's nearly six and seems to suddenly have a multitude of problems. I can't bear the thought of him getting old...

Back