• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need ASAP advice -Update, it's been sorted

crazyames

Warren Scout
I was brushing Frankie as he's moulting and noticed he is covered in what I think is walking dandruff. I will be taking him to the vets as soon as possible but I want to know if there's anything I can do while we wait to get our appointment.

Wilkinsons has a rabbit specific 'spot on' but I'm scared it'll do more harm than good. I don't want to make him wait with the itching

Last edited:
Get to the vets asap, as it could be a few things, but they'll know what to prescribe. Please don't self medicate as you say, it could do more harm than good.

I would say don't put anything on until you have seen the vet, just get to the vets as soon as you can to get treatment started :)

We took him to the vets and he had not bite marks from himself and only a few that we could see visibly crawling. I caught it early thanks to regular brushing ^_^

On an added plus, he also got his Myxi vaccination and it only cost me £48 including the spot on stuff. We're both happy bunnies now :D

So, he has mites and has had his myxomatosis vaccination, is that what you're saying? What treatment has he had for his mites? Xeno 450?

So, he has mites and has had his myxomatosis vaccination, is that what you're saying? What treatment has he had for his mites? Xeno 450?

It is indeed what I'm saying :) and that is the treatment too, I have to apply it every two weeks.

Ok. I personally would be warey of letting a clearly debilitated rabbit (as rabbits are if they have something like mites, which generally shows up when the immune system is struggling) have a vaccination that is going to attack his immune system even more.

I know you will but I can't not say it. Please watch him very carefully :) Hopefully it won't show any negative signs, or it might be that he will 'just' have mites for longer, but if he is susceptable to anything, then that might show it's head. Hopefully it will be fine though.

ETA- the Xeno 450 may sting today given it will have been around the area he had his jab so a localised reaction may be more likely, so keep an eye on that too :)

Ok. I personally would be warey of letting a clearly debilitated rabbit (as rabbits are if they have something like mites, which generally shows up when the immune system is struggling) have a vaccination that is going to attack his immune system even more.

I know you will but I can't not say it. Please watch him very carefully :) Hopefully it won't show any negative signs, or it might be that he will 'just' have mites for longer, but if he is susceptable to anything, then that might show it's head. Hopefully it will be fine though.

ETA- the Xeno 450 may sting today given it will have been around the area he had his jab so a localised reaction may be more likely, so keep an eye on that too :)

I will be as this has been on my mind too. The vet hasn't failed me before and she seemed quite sure that he'd be okay. He's eaten his supper and has just drunk water so that's a bit of a plus

Back