• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Let the bonding begin!

wiggie

Alpha Buck
I am attempting to bond my existing neutered female pair of mini lops aged 10 months (sooty and Ash) with a neutered male lionhead/ Nethie cross who is 2 years old (Bambam).

Will be writing a diary on here if anyone is interested?

I put them together about an hour ago. The girls seem to have periods of being relaxed and periods of thumping/ looking tense. both are intermittently eating hay. Bam bam ate some hay when he first went in but not since.
Sooty and Bambam have had a few nips and chases. I had to sepatate them 3 times in the first 30 minutes. Not since but they have had a few minor chases but settled quickly.
Sooty has groomed both of the others and Ash has also groomed Bambam.
Ash and Bam bam seem to be spending more time together, next to each other and Sooty wandering round at the mo.
Everything seems to be starting to settle a little but I will be happy when Bambam has eaten again!

Thanks!
Oh and I forgot to say that this will be my first bonding!:shock:
They are all sat at one end of the pen in a bunny coloured pile at the mo.
Not the most relaxed group of buns I've ever seen but one step at a time!
And more grooming by Sooty of both the others.
Bam bam still looking scared but less so.

sounds good so far....Ive only bonded my trio once...and will have ot rebond (long story) but sounds good so far.
I found that at 1am and 5am I was woken with the buns chasing and nipping...thewir time of day i guess...so they will prob. act up again and the nre-settle and then act up again....sometimes when they get comfy they decide to re-try the hierachy again...

if not then youre lucky!:D

Take some piccies!

oh...I left mine in a small enclosure for a week before slightly enlarging it...the slower the space increased the better it appears.:D

Has been a bit more chasing but now settled again.
Both the girls munching away.
bambam has had the occasional nibble but he still looks the most worried.
i guess he would be as the other two already know each other.
Will see how the night goes!

Well all are munching sat in a row but seems to be seesawing between that and scuffles. Nothing major.
Most of the tension seems to be between sooty and Bambam still although they do have calm times as well. Bambam does not move much unless scuffling.
I have not had to step in since the first half hour.
Sooty is definately top bun at the mo. The girls both look relaxed still most of the time.

Well after a long settled period and much hay munching by all (and very little interaction) we have had one more scuffle. I sense there is still alot to be resolved .....

hope the night went ok.....Im sure there will be alot to be resolved over time as they settle etc....:wave: pics!?

The night went ok. A bit of scuffling. Early on this morning the existing pair seemed very together with Bambam out to the side.
They have all been settled today though, with Bambam and Sooty grooming each other and snuggling together and Ash out to the side.
Every so often Sooty will wander over to Ash and groom her, then go back to Bambam. Bam bam also wanders over to her but Sooty will split them up!
It's really interesting watching all the different relationships and changes between them, but I do hope that Ash won't be left out for long:?.
As to piccies, will have to go on a camera hunt! :lol:

Back