• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

An interesting picture for you dental bunny owners

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
A molar spur on a bunny :wave:
Never seen one before, very painful looking :shock:

fycs5h.jpg

That is interesting.

Mainly because my vet said the problem with taking Poppy's incisors out would be they couldn't use a clamp to get to her molars because it hooks around the incisors, now I see what they mean.

One of the vets at my practice manged to show me right in Poppy's mouth by letting me look through that instrument (don't know the name), it's very interesting.

I wonder how they do Mae's dentals then, she has no front teeth :wave: I'd love to have a look through the Otoscope (atleast I think thats the word) must ask next time Im there

bloomin eck!! no wonder the little souls go off their food!! (hence the reason i take eric for a check up every 4 weeks)

I wonder how they do Mae's dentals then, she has no front teeth :wave: I'd love to have a look through the Otoscope (atleast I think thats the word) must ask next time Im there

Ahh, that's the name :D

The vet did say it is possible to do it without but makes it trickier to have a look. It's good to know they do manage to do do Mae's without her incisors, it's a permenant niggle at the back of my mind whether I should have Poppy's out or not. :?

im glad scooters not a dental bunny.

how can u tell if uve got a dental bunny without looking at there mouth because scooter wont let me look but i often watch him eat.

im glad scooters not a dental bunny.

how can u tell if uve got a dental bunny without looking at there mouth because scooter wont let me look but i often watch him eat.

I'm far from an expert but I think any weight loss, dribbling (a wet chin), refusing to eat certain foods I beleive are some signs and some bunnies may need dentals regualry but some only the odd once or so I believe :wave: Making sure bunny has unlimited good quality hay and other foods such as leaves (hawthorn, bramble etc) can help to wear down their continuously growing teeth :)

They can cause a lot of damage too!
Glad we caught benjamin's slight spurs early and managed to remove them with a diet change.

Jake had to have a spur removed from his molar about 6 months ago... I could only imagine what it looked like but know I know... OUCH! I'm not surprised they don't want to eat or anything, and it makes me kind of glad I'm so paranoid about his teeth that I freak out and take him to the vets everytime I think there's something wrong :oops: (I'm pretty sure they see me walk in and go, oh no its HER again!) :oops:

Thank you for both of these :love:

I've not seen how it actually looks before.

Biscuits was only small, but Ginger's are a mess, apparently, so im sure that they look very spiky :shock:

Poor bunnies who suffer with their teefs.

Thankfully I don't own a dental bun (touch wood!)

I'd always imagined what I thought spurs might look like, but didn't think they'd be quite so razor sharp.

Poor bunnies who have to endure that pain regularly :cry:

Back