• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone Else Listening to the Webinar ?

Interesting that the Vet does NOT give prokinetics (ie Metoclop') as a matter of routine when doing a GA. She prefers to wait to see if voluntary eating occurs within an hour of Bun waking from GA. If not she starts syringe feeds, 20ml/kg, monitors lungs and gut sounds and analgesic cover, only administering metoclop if the Rabbit remains anorexic for several hours.

I appear to be talking to myself here........... :lol:

I'm interested but am at work so can't listen in.

Out of curiosity do they mention anything about bits of ears being lost after IV anaesthetics? It's happened to both our boys now :( - they look rather piratical!

I'm interested but am at work so can't listen in.

Out of curiosity do they mention anything about bits of ears being lost after IV anaesthetics? It's happened to both our boys now :( - they look rather piratical!

No, but she did say that maintaining hydration may be best done via an intraosseous catheter rather than an ear vein.

oh. Would like to know how to avoid it as they're dental buns and are going to run out of ears if we're not careful......

I forgot about it. I think that Molly is not too far from me as I have heard good reports of her (not close enough for regular stuff unfortunately)

Interesting that the Vet does NOT give prokinetics (ie Metoclop') as a matter of routine when doing a GA. She prefers to wait to see if voluntary eating occurs within an hour of Bun waking from GA. If not she starts syringe feeds, 20ml/kg, monitors lungs and gut sounds and analgesic cover, only administering metoclop if the Rabbit remains anorexic for several hours.
QUOTE]

I think I'd be quite happy if my vet did that. I know it's different but after I've had a GA I haven't felt like eating straight away. I don't think my own vet gives metaclop after ops but my buns (apart from Molly) have all started eating so I haven't queried it. I try to get tasty treats to tempt them after a stay at the vet and hand feed if necessary just to get tums started again.

I really haven't got the hang of quoting:oops:

Back