• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

When can i stop worrying :(

Aprilb

Young Bun
Okay so my little suprises are 6 days old this morning and i'm suviving on about 2 hours sleep a night through woryying about them. There all fine and seem to be going from strength to strength. they now have ears and little stompy feet :)

What sort of age can you call "safe" from mum killing them and just dying.

Im afraid I cant really answer your question as I have no real knowledge about babies :lol: I'd say once thier eyes are open and they start moving they're pretty safe :wave:

Try not to fret, you'll just make yourself poorly

I've tried so hard to stop worrying but i can't, i have a real passion for animals and although they were'nt planned i love everyone of them :(

It's lovely that you are so concerned about them :love: Just try and relax, mummy bun sounds like she is doing her job :wave:

You only know baby bunnies have 'survived' when they get to about 4 months old. Worrying won't help you, or them, and it won't change anything either.

Currently, very much so far so good for your lovely ladies being mums.

Don't worry Bunnies mums, if they feel save and secure, tend to do a fantastic job.

Just make sure the mums get plenty of food as breast feeding the babies takes a lot of energy out of them

Back