• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Peanut and Pepper :-)

jody

Alpha Buck
007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

They are lovely :love:

I'd suggest that you use deep hay all over their hutch rather than just newspaper as Rexes need additional 'cushioning' for their hocks :)

I'd suggest that you use deep hay all over their hutch rather than just newspaper as Rexes need additional 'cushioning' for their hocks :)

thanks :) They do have thick hay in their litter box but i will put some there too :wave:

agree with this. I used to use thick hay all over the floor of my rexes' hutch (one who has sore hocks), but I now use vetbed. Very good to keep clean, and also putting hay in litter trays only makes it easier to litter train rabbits.

Also, what is their run on? Concrete or grass? Clean grass is better for rexes than concrete, but if you only have concrete, then you can again use thick hay over the floor of the run, or foam matting.

Preventing sore hocks is the best thing to do for rexes, as when sore hocks occurs, there's no going back. Its a chronic condition that can bother them for the whole of their lives.

Back