• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little did I know, seven years ago (29.7.04) ...

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
.... when I decided to go back to the garden centre, where a bunny had given me the hard stare two days earlier, to buy her ... and spent a staggering £101.87 for the bunny, my Bungee-Bun, bowls, food and a 'massive' 3ft two tier hutch.....

.. that seven years later I'd have eight bunnies and the vet bill for the first half of 2011 (not including neuters and vaccinations) would be over £2,000 :shock::shock::shock:

Would I got back to 2004 - pre bunny? Not a chance :love::love::love:

Bungee has been at the bridge for 3 and a half years now but I'm so grateful to the old girl for putting me under her spell :love::love:

:D:D:D

Thanks all. It seems a lifetime ago. I can't believe I've only had bunnies 1/6th of my life... I just wasted the first 37 years :p

It's amazing how one bunny can change your life in so many ways. Both the joy they bring and financially :lol:

Something really scares me about this post-the fact 2004 was 7 years ago-how is that so? :?

Thanks everyone, yes it is scary that 2004 is 7 years ago, I'm not sure how it happened either :?

awwwwww:love:

do you have a piccie?:)

Sorry, I wasn't able to get on line last night and have to get ready for work now :( I will dig some pictures out later, especially today being the actual anniversary

She was a chocolate dwarf lop, she had maloccluded incisors and had terrible problems with molar spurs :cry::cry: She was eight months old when I bought her and they were encouraging me to go for one of the very cute black 10 week old lops ... but Bungee had stolen my heart (I had no idea about the teeth until she was vet checked a few weeks later!!).

It was strange and beautiful, Shadow coming into my life this year, as he is also a chocolate lop with dental problems ... I think Bungee sent him to find me :love::love::love::love:

.... when I decided to go back to the garden centre, where a bunny had given me the hard stare two days earlier, to buy her ... and spent a staggering £101.87 for the bunny, my Bungee-Bun, bowls, food and a 'massive' 3ft two tier hutch.....

.. that seven years later I'd have eight bunnies and the vet bill for the first half of 2011 (not including neuters and vaccinations) would be over £2,000 :shock::shock::shock:

Would I got back to 2004 - pre bunny? Not a chance :love::love::love:

Bungee has been at the bridge for 3 and a half years now but I'm so grateful to the old girl for putting me under her spell :love::love:

Lovely post.
Had always had rabbits as pet when a child.
But we got Molly 3 years ago and it was the best thing i have done in years.
Molly was closely followed by Joker who had cigarette burns from being abused,who was closely followed by Mabel are lovely stray who no one claimed and now Smokey .
Cost me over £100 yesterday at vets when things are a bit tight but would not change anything over last 3 years .
Love them all to bits:love::love:

Back