• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

buying a run vs building a run

As a permanant attachment to their home. My two currently have a 5X2X2 double hutch, as space is limited in the garden, with a 5x4 run which is currently falling to bits. :roll:

I was thinking of either asking my dad to help me buld a new run (which I'd make a bit bigger) or to buy a new metal run, like this one.

They have acess to their run 24/7, so something secure is a must. Opinions please?

My dad built all our permanent accommodation. I've found what he builds is exceptionally sturdy and therefore safe. In my experience a lot of shop bought runs are not ideal or as secure as I personally would hope, for permanent access.

That may just be me :)

In my opinion I would be more happier to leave my bunnies in a wooden run over a metel one . As I think the wooden ones are more secure.
have you had a look on ebay , there is a lovely 8ft X 4ft run i saw the other day for £75 I think :)
I can PM you the link if you like ?

In my opinion I would be more happier to leave my bunnies in a wooden run over a metel one . As I think the wooden ones are more secure.
have you had a look on ebay , there is a lovely 8ft X 4ft run i saw the other day for £75 I think :)
I can PM you the link if you like ?

Please?

The reson I was looking into the metal runs is because the pigges also have metal runs, so I thought it would look nicer with matching runs. :oops:

If I chose to build a run, what gauge mesh should I go for?

19 galvanised, something like that :oops:

My Dad made the run, it is very very strong.

But there are some run companies that make strong runs too.

I would recommend building your own. :wave:

The one me and my dad made is a lot better than the one I bought. I don't know if it worked out cheaper though. I would advise buying the wood from a timber yard, not somewhere like B&Q. (I made that mistake the first time! :oops:)

We made our own as I couldn't find a run that was high enough. The one I bought we added a home made extension bit that was taller.

Back