• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Foster Buns

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
I am Very Excited as I am going to be fostering three buns for Starlight - a Mum and two babies.

Bluesmum has very kindly offered to go and collect them for me today as I am back to work at both my jobs this week so would have struggled to find the time.

They will be kept indoors in my lounge as I don't have a spare outdoor hutch and run. I will have more interaction with them that way too - just hope they can cope with watching all the soaps:oops:

I've wanted to foster for ages. Did long term fostering for Cat and Rabbit Rescue but sadly Justin was so poorly he spent a lot of time back at the rescue (he had to see their vet) and he had to be PTS as he had an inoperable tumour:(

It will be lovely to have young buns to care for. It's been a long time since I have had very young buns and watching their personalities develop is fascinating.

Just hope I don't get too attached but I am sure they will find their forever home easily as they look totally scrummy:love:

Have to go to work now but if all goes well with Sam's journey I will be getting my new foster family shortly after I get home.

Will keep you all updated.

oooooh eeeeek! This is exciting...I so wanted to offer...but with 3 buns seperate etc it was not the right time....cant wait to see piccies!:love::love::love::love:

They have left Kris' and are on their way here:):):)

Have just been out to clean my outdoor buns while repeating my mantra. 'The new buns are not my bunnies. They will be leaving me. I will not get too attached. I will not be a failed fosterer!!!'

Looking forward to meeting my foster family:love:

Just had a call from Sam. She is around the corner:):):)

I will soon meet my new foster babies. (Not that I am excited or anything:oops:)

I am so grateful to Sam for driving all that way to collect them for me. Will thank her in person in a moment but thought I would thank her on here too.

THANK YOU LOTS, SAM!!!

:wave: Welcome to the Starlight Foster Club!! I have three foster bunnies myself and am loving having them here.

I kept saying to myself at the start that they are not mine and I must not keep any of them but I am now trying to decide whether to bond one or two of them into my existing pair! Massive fail! :D

ETA - cant wait to see some pictures!

:wave: Welcome to the Starlight Foster Club!! I have three foster bunnies myself and am loving having them here.

I kept saying to myself at the start that they are not mine and I must not keep any of them but I am now trying to decide whether to bond one or two of them into my existing pair! Massive fail! :D

ETA - cant wait to see some pictures!

Will it be a bonding holiday for the bunnies in September?! :lol:

They are a lovely trio, Karen, mum is such a sweetie :love: You will love them! Garden seems a little empty without them!

:D
Will it be a bonding holiday for the bunnies in September?! :lol:QUOTE]

:oops::oops: um...maybe!! There are so many things going through my head! I am worried because my two have such a strong bond and are like peas in a pod so would hate for anything to damage that bond but....! I love all three foster bunnies but Marble especially has won a place in my heart. But then, is a four better than a three?! So maybe Marble and Whiskers?! (and then I feel bad for Smokey!)

What have you done to me?! :? :D

Oh wow I'm so jealous, if I didnt have a youngbaby I'd love to foster!! (not that i'm very good a it, they end up staying :oops: )

awwww:) i'd love to foster for a rescue (but i doubt i'd be very good at it:oops:it must be sooooo difficult to let some of them go)

They are absolutely gorgeous:love::love:

Sam took some photos of them in their pen as I still don't know how to put photos onto the site but will learn by the time I have to add weekly updates for their sponsors.

Both babies are happy to be cuddled but Mum seems more nervous. Hopefully, because she is indoors and I will have a lot of contact with her, I will be able to encourage her to enjoy being stroked. All buns are nomming hay like no bunnies I have ever seen and I am very glad I now buy it by the bale:)

Sam said one has been reserved - so I won't be able to be a failed fosterer as I am sure the other two will be reserved soon - they are so totally scrummy.

Whew! What a day :lol:
I'll get the piccies up tomorrow....I can't be arsed to try and find my card reader. Bunnies are so sweet.....I could nom them all up :love:
Just wish I could have taken the desert bunnies home too :love::love::love:

Off to bed now. I can't believe how much hay these buns are eating:shock:

Kris has said they are on a hay only diet as they have had upset tummies but even so - they are eating non stop!

I've put some hay in a box now as well as in their tray so they can play with the box. They love the tunnel I have in there. It is a cat one but pink so very suitable for girlies. I've cut the dangly balls off as I was worried they may chew them. I will check the tunnel to make sure they don't nibble it and expose the wire but so far they are just running in and out of it. Mummy Bun Cherry likes it too:) I don't think she is that old herself.

I hope they sleep well. The babies have had lots of cuddles but I am leaving Mum alone for now as she is a little nervous.

I :love: my new foster family.

They are such a gorgeous little family:love:

They have pulled all of the hay out of the box and eaten most of it. They have also drunk a huge amount of water for three buns, two who are tiny - probably related to the amount of hay they are eating.

It feels very weird not giving them pellets or veg.

Cherry lies flat when I give her a nose rub - it's like she freezes. I did have a cuddle earlier and once she relaxed she seemed OK. Wanted to check her bottom as I know Kris said they had mucky poops at one stage. Their bottoms are all beautifully clean:) The little ones are happy with strokes and cuddles as long as they don't interrupt the serious task of nomming for too long:)

Whoever gives them their forever home will be very lucky. I hope Mum will find a home with her remaining daughter as they all seem close and bonded. I think the reserved baby is being rehomed with one of her brothers so will have family company:)

I don't want to leave them to go to work, but needs must. Am popping back later to check on them and my own fur family. Will pop into PAH later and buy another water bottle (just in case the one they have blocks while I am at work or something) and some toys. They can keep them when they leave.

They really are adorable. Am on-call tonight. If I don't end up working all night I will try to work out how to get photos from camera to PC and then onto RU.

My new little family are so good. They are lots of stray poops but they are urinating in their 'den', which is a covered cat litter tray with the door removed.

I bought them a rattle toy thing and some twig treats. I spent ages trying to decide what would be OK for tiny tummies and thought twigs would be safe enough and would do their teeth good too. I want to get them a ball but the ones in PAH are three times the price of the ones in Wilkinsons.

I'd like to give them some fresh grass like my other buns have but need to check with Kris first. My buns have such a huge variety in their diet it seems strange to just give these three hay but I don't want to make them poorly, especially as two of them are so young. It is much easier and less time consuming to feed hay only though:) Leaves more time for cuddles:love::love:

Back