• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby bunny advice

My Doe had a litter of 5 bunnies 10 days ago, they are all growing strong and all but one opened their eyes yesterday. How long should I leave it until I help him open his eyes? And how do you go about doing that?

Thanks
Olivia

It's normal to open the at 10-14 days, normally on day 11-12. If you see them open their eyes and then close their eyes, then they need a vet. At 14 days you can hold a warm compress to the eyes but don't pull them apart. If that doesn't help them open then they will need to see a vet.

I have been in contact via email text and phone call to the breeder who bred me my rabbit and he's been giving me great help, i just didnt want to bother him at this time of the morning. Didn't come on here for scrutiny

Then you can tell everyone else this ^ on different threads, when someone asks the same question as me :)

Have done in the past, and will do again. Please take this to PM if you wish to continue it, as it has nothing to do with the thread.

OP: Hope all your kits are healthy and they thrive, now that whats done is done :)

I have been in contact via email text and phone call to the breeder who bred me my rabbit and he's been giving me great help, i just didnt want to bother him at this time of the morning. Didn't come on here for scrutiny

Having a mentor is very important :) I'm sorry your mentor has let you down and not informed you of the things you need to know.

If you're not comfortable posting on the forum then you're more than welcome to PM me and I'll help in anyway I can.

Just so you know, this forum is very pro rescue and largely anti-breeding. If you want more advice you might be better off on golden bunnies or another forum where there are more breeders about.
Not only will you get criticised here but most of us are absolutely clueless about breeding so won't be much help anyway! You're lucky that Sky-O read this as she's one of the very few members who knows what she's talking about when it comes to breeding. :)

I mated mt doe and buck in Febuary and in March my rabbit had 4 babies she did have 5 but one died.

They will gradually open there eyes but then lose them again but as mentioned earlier if they do stay shut go to the vet.

they will start then coming out of there nest and having a nose about then go back to there nest, eventualy one day you will get up and they all will be there with mum looking out of the window its so sweet LOL

Back