• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice

TriL1

Warren Scout
Hi all, I have two bunnies that live in an outside hutch with run attached and runaround system. At the moment their is lino on the floor of the hutch and litter tray is underbed storage box with megazorb and hay. Im just trying to get some advice or suggestions for what to do for winter?? Their run has a pvc cover so they stay dry and am looking to get a thermal cover for the hutch too - 1, is a thermal cover needed? and also should I put anything else in the hutch to keep them warmer for winter? or would putting straw or anything else down make them wee/poo everywhere? :wave:

Many people on here put a snugglesafe in for the buns in the winter.

Also cover the water bottle with a thick sock to deter freezing.

you may well get reduced prices by buying winter things in the summer.

sue:wave:

thats great thanks Sue, i'll get a snugglesafe then and some blankets. They have got a snuggle thing that goes over their bottles at the minute its supposed to stop growth of algae in summer and stop them freezing in winter.xxx :D:wave:

Back