• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Teeth Grinding.

Isis

Mama Doe
I've read on hear, through some posts, rabbits grind their teeth when they are happy and when they are in some distress or pain. I've noticed Dylan grind his teeth when he is laying down. But he seems fine, always on the move, eating, drinking etc. Have I anything to worry about? He grinds is teeth a lot when I give him head rubs, so I know he's happy. Sorry I am just confused :?

You know when you grind your teeth, you make a horrible noise (not you specifically, just everyone :lol:), that noise is the noise you will hear with tooth grinding associated with pain. They tooth purr when happy and being stroked, and I don't know what it's called but they just seem to chew at times when dozing off which I've personally never seen as an indication that anything is wrong.

You know when you grind your teeth, you make a horrible noise (not you specifically, just everyone :lol:), that noise is the noise you will hear with tooth grinding associated with pain. They tooth purr when happy and being stroked, and I don't know what it's called but they just seem to chew at times when dozing off which I've personally never seen as an indication that anything is wrong.

That's what I can describe it as, when he is "dozing" laying down, he grinds his teeth. He's moving okay, he's eating and drinking okay. Everything seems normal in the bum department. That is why I am a little confused. Oh and he eats like a horse :lol:

Do you think it is anything to worry about?

Ginger chews her gums when she goes to sleep/dozing off - thats the only way i can describe it.

:roll:

My Herbie does a kinda teeth chatter when he is getting comfy to snooze.

Believe me, you will know when a bunny is teeth grinding in pain :(

Back