• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch for inside / pics of double level NIC cube hutches

LolasMummy

Mama Doe
We currently have our house rabbits in a nic cube cage but with having a baby it is taking up too much room. What we are thinking as we dont want to cut the space they have for the few hours they are locked away is to get them a double storey hutch that will take up less space but give them the same amount of space as they have at the mo. Any ideas where we can get one cheaply? It doesnt have to be secure as it will be inside in our dining room :)
They are only in it over night now I am at home with baby so just a base for them really.

OR if anyone has managed to make the nic cubes double level please can you post pics?

Have you considered cutting out the cage altogether and bunny proofing a room? I've done this for two rooms and it's the best decision I ever made regarding housing.

We currently have our house rabbits in a nic cube cage but with having a baby it is taking up too much room. What we are thinking as we dont want to cut the space they have for the few hours they are locked away is to get them a double storey hutch that will take up less space but give them the same amount of space as they have at the mo. Any ideas where we can get one cheaply? It doesnt have to be secure as it will be inside in our dining room :)
They are only in it over night now I am at home with baby so just a base for them really.

OR if anyone has managed to make the nic cubes double level please can you post pics?

What size is the hutch going to be?
A two storey house won't be cheap.

I agree with Schuette, bunny proofing a room with the nic cubes will be good.
Just likes Schuttes done, I would find you the thread but I'm on my phone.

A double level NIC set up is also going to take up a bit of room. The first piccy in this thread shows mine but even if it didnt extend out the width of 3 cubes you can see it will still be quite large?! I still consider my set up too small so D&D are free range! I agree with the others I reckon the best thing would be to bunny proof a room!

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=250499

Back