• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pdsa

TriL1

Warren Scout
I just phoned the PDSA and asked how it worked with vaccinations and they said it would cost £19, thats actually more than a couple of vets i've already been too, I thought PDSA was run on given donations? Obviously its very good to have a charity like this helping animals but how does this work if costs more!!!

Because not all vets charge the same price.

Eg, individual vaccinations are £25/each here. But i can get them for £20 each if i book and pay for both at the same time, so paying £40 instead.

£19 per vaccination?

I pay £17 each for mine but if i book the myxi and vhd together i get a little discount.

Vaccinations, neutering etc at the PDSA aren't subsidised I don't think - they will treat sick or injured animals, but preventative treatments such as those are charged at the usual price (which as you found out can sometimes be more than at other vets).

agggh gotcha,I thought it was everything that was based on donations. I'll just go to my normal vet then, thanks everyone.xx

Back