• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New cuts of hay!

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
There has been lots of hay harvesting round here, lots of trailers full of lovely new bales, and I'm off to get my first new bale of the year! I'm going to stock up on it this time so I'm not worrying about another shortage.

Is it wrong I'm just so excited about it??!!

No Im excited too. The lady who owns Chester bought 100 bales yesterday so I can nick a few when needed :)

I'm excited too. Part of my ponys field has just been cut, they were there turning it last night. Cant wait for it to all be baled up as I'll be going round the field with a rake and a few bin bags gathering up the missed bits... can't wait!! :lol::lol:

The fields I drve by are stacked with the stuff!! Its great this year!!! Sweet and green and soft.I wouldnt mind if i iwas a bun...:lol:

Glad its not just me! I've just been to fetch one, it smells amazing!

Its gone up again though, its £4 now. :(

I fully understand your excitement!

My supplier is busy harvesting , so busy that he couldn't deliver my hay last weekend!:roll:

I fully understand your excitement!

My supplier is busy harvesting , so busy that he couldn't deliver my hay last weekend!:roll:

At least there has been lots of rain though, so there shouldn't be a hay shortage this year! Where abouts do you get yours from if you don't mind me asking.

At least there has been lots of rain though, so there shouldn't be a hay shortage this year! Where abouts do you get yours from if you don't mind me asking.

I buy from a place in my village, he has several fields that he crops hay from as a side line to his normal job .

How many kg is a bale? I am not sure where I could get one from round here!! Where is the best place to get it from online? Thankyou :)

I buy from a place in my village, he has several fields that he crops hay from as a side line to his normal job .

Two of the best things about living in Lincolnshire. Lots of hay suppliers and good vets! I'll be sad when I leave for those reasons alone!

Back