• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Twinkle :( Please help me.....U/D she's back home

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
to understand more. We took her to the vets this morning for a bunny MOT. The receptionist (who we know) said is her head tilted and I was like no I think its just the way she is laying on Milo. She was absolutey fine when we left hiome! When we got into the vets office her head was in fact tilted and she had collapsed. He has both her and Milo at the surgery with her on oxygen. It all happened so quickly and I didn't get a chance to ask many questions. What am I looking at here? I am in tears :cry:

Last edited:
I would suspect maybe the stress or disorientation of the journey caused her to show those symptoms, or exaccerbate symptoms that were already brewing; Tilly, who was my girl with head tilt, always got horrendously worse in the car due to the disorientation factor.

Your girlie is in the right place though, and if it had to happen, it happened at the right time, in the right place.

Hopefully they can get her started on a good lot of medication and perk her right up.

As already said at least she is already at the vets. Bless her. She will probably be put on Panacur and Matacam for a month if it's ecuniculi.

Get well soon little one.

I would suspect maybe the stress or disorientation of the journey caused her to show those symptoms, or exaccerbate symptoms that were already brewing; Tilly, who was my girl with head tilt, always got horrendously worse in the car due to the disorientation factor.

Your girlie is in the right place though, and if it had to happen, it happened at the right time, in the right place.

Hopefully they can get her started on a good lot of medication and perk her right up.

I have to phone at 1.30pm to find out but I am so upset.

Would Milo need to be treated as wel?

I'd think so, because its like a virus kind of thing if one bun has it the other might too,.
That's why people get their buns treated with Panacur when boarding

:wave:

Anyway sending vibes for both Milo and Twinkle.

Panacur is up for debate on things like this.

As wel as the Metacam she is likely to need an antibiotic that is going to be effective against any potential ear infection issues. If she struggles with rolling and suchlike, something like Stemetil can be useful to help deal with the disorientation aspect.

Good luck for half past 1. Keep busy and distracted until then :)

Some bunnies don't cope very well with travelling in a car. Hopefully it is just that and she will be back to normal when she's home. :(

Thank you everyone. I am trying to keep busy until 1.30 but its hard. The receptionist told me she would call me before if there was any news. I am so lucky that the vet is excellent and that Delia (receptionist) is there today. She knows Milo well and was going to give him a nose bump and fusses for me.

I knew Twinkle was poorly but never in a million years did I think that there was something brewing that I didn't know about.

Why does time seem to stop when you are waiting for a call or waiting for a time to call someone :cry: I need it to be 130 now!

Just over one hour.Im sure the vets would ring you if ghastly news.Hang on in there,vibes on the way and lots of love.xxxxxxx

Hope she's okay.

Our Brownie's head tilt came on very quickly too (less than two hours from her being fine and bouncy to rolling). She was treated for EC (metacam, baytril, panacur plus metaclop' initially then stemetil) and responded well although has a permanent tilt. As it came on so quickly our vet was never completely sure it was EC and wondered if it was a stroke or similar issue but we have no way of knowing unless we get a PM when she goes to the bridge.

Hopefully in Twinkle's case it is something less alarming like an ear infection, but even if she ends up with a permanent tilt buns do learn to cope well anyway (B is usually tilted about 45 degrees but can hop, binky and periscope)

Hang tight honey not long to wait. But I know exactly how you feel, I was exactly the same when I was waiting for news about BamBam. Although I was at work but it wasn't enough to keep me distracted... I was on dog walking duty and they are supposed to have 15 minutes each round the field, well I was thinking about BamBam and forgot what I was doing and just ended up walking round and round the field for about 40 minutes. The poor dog just stopped and wouldn't budge!

Lots and lots of vibes for Twinkle, and as others have said it happened in the right place :love:

Back