• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can rabbits eat branflakes?

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
Well the flakes out of fruit and fibre. Grimlock only eats pellets. Due to his health and teeth issues he can't eat hay, he has a few other treats but that's it. I was trying to get more fibre into his diet with some dried plantain and other forage. And today he suddenly went crazy for my cereal. It's so odd for him to show any interest in a food! As his diet is so bad should I let him have some...?

:?

Mine have had some as a treat now and then. I think this the same as Weetabix, not too many or often as they are sugary.

Babydarling and Little Nylon were begging for honey nut cornflakes tonight.

They didn't get any. They could see OH getting them and probably smelt them.

Babydarling and Little Nylon were begging for honey nut cornflakes tonight.

They didn't get any. They could see OH getting them and probably smelt them.

We had to stop eating in front of Cheech because she used to get so jealous. Then go to her food bowl or her hay and eat. :lol:

We had to stop eating in front of Cheech because she used to get so jealous. Then go to her food bowl or her hay and eat. :lol:

They watch our every move. Not so much Kat as she hates all moist food, so waits until I put something in the nutch.

They are in the kitchen part of the living room/kitchen so nothing gets past them.

They watch our every move. Not so much Kat as she hates all moist food, so waits until I put something in the nutch.

They are in the kitchen part of the living room/kitchen so nothing gets past them.

That they do! Try going to the toilet au natural in the middle of the night and having a chinchilla stare at certain parts of you, their eyes following you as you move... :shock:

That they do! Try going to the toilet au natural in the middle of the night and having a chinchilla stare at certain parts of you, their eyes following you as you move... :shock:

:shock: That made me laugh.

Not only that, but they will jump up on to a shelf and make it so obvious. They have no shame.

I think I am going to have to get some more abx eye drops for Babydarling, its his left eye. Still not right and looks like a bit of creamy discharge. He is fine in himself. The left one has never been 100% since he first became unwell.

Maybe it might have to be like this for a long time. At least I know he is alright.

I think I am going to have to get some more abx eye drops for Babydarling, its his left eye. Still not right and looks like a bit of creamy discharge. He is fine in himself. The left one has never been 100% since he first became unwell.

Maybe it might have to be like this for a long time. At least I know he is alright.

Even if it's something you just keep on top of, you'll know he's happy. Grim is on long term antibiotics, probably forever.

Even if it's something you just keep on top of, you'll know he's happy. Grim is on long term antibiotics, probably forever.

I think that is what will happen. With the x-rays, even though he didn't need a dental, the root of one of his teeth was a bit long and I am fairly sure it was on the left side.

I have a feeling it was playing up before it was noticeable to us. Only as he has been so happy recently. I don't think his eye bothers him yet but don't want it to get worse again.

Back