• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timmy's Tummy UD Now Pickle isn't right

Debster

Mama Doe
I've noticed in the last hour that Timmy's tummy has been gurgling loudly. Although he does suffer from stasis bouts, this is quite unusual for him. He has been fine all day and ate his tea tonight - he has eaten within the last 2 hours, but now looks uncomfortable and is refusing food.

Is there anything I can do to make him more comfortable? I don't have any Infacol which I know a lot of people use.

He had a funny episode last night when he refused his tea and looked on edge and unsettled for a couple of hours, then when I was going to call the vet he bounded over to his food bowl and started eating and behaving as normal again!

What with his tummy, Pickle's sore hocks and a few other things I seem to be constantly worrying about them at the moment :(

Last edited:
Thanks BYB :)

Just got back from the emergency vets. Timmy is full of gas, the vet gave him metacam, metaclop and zantac and has massaged his tummy. His breathing/heart rate/temp were all fine.

When we got in Timmy went straight to his bowl and had a long drink, which is good. Will be in for a long night I think.

hope he's doing well!

emergency at home treatment can be infacol and tummy rubs. that sometimes works for matthew when his tummy rumbles.

Thanks :) Timmy is much improved this morning and has eaten pellets and hay and seems quite bright. Haven't heard his tummy gurgle since we were at the vets.

Am going to get some infacol so I can try that in the future, and the vet showed me how to massage his tummy properly, so I'm more confident in doing that now.

good to hear :) Is Timmy an indoor rabbit? mine are all outdoors and I've never heard their tummies gurgle which is a bit of a worry as that may have happened at some point and I was totally unaware of it. Sheesh things like this could make me paranoid. :(

I don't believe this, Timmy seems fine now but now Pickle is acting strange :( He was still sat in the run at 6.30pm, usually they come out to freerange. He didn't want to come out, I had to catch him and lift him out into the garden. Now he looks uncomfortable, he keeps running away from me, he didn't eat any grass he just sat there and then started to dig at the soil :?

What is wrong with my rabbits :cry:

Sending vibes.

Encourage him to eat by offering tasty fruit like a banana.

Also running helps their bloat.

obvious thing to ask is have they had any different foods recently?

No nothing different to what they have had before. Pickle won't touch anything I've tried to tempt him with, but I've just watched him dip his head in a litter tray and start to nibble the Megazorb :? He never does that or I wouldn't use it. I shooed him away and now he's sat on the patio just staring at me :(

Thanks for the vibes Whitehood :) Pickle doesn't like banana, he's a fussy bun, but he won't touch anything at the moment

Last edited:
is megazorb paper based? if so, he could be craving fibre (i have to keep cardboard away from eric if he has a gut slow down).

do you have any brambles you could offer him?

sounds like a vet trip:(

Poppymoon yes it is paper based, whats more he has been trying to eat paper a lot tonight, he keeps ripping the wallpaper off :roll: on the other hand he does look a lot brighter and has eaten his veg and some hay.

Hope Pickle is feeling better this morning and that both bunsters have a better day with lots of nomming and no gassy gurglings!!

Pickle was doing huge binkies around the garden today and nomming the grass, which was a relief to see. Just not interested in his pellets. Both are now snoozing in the run :love:

Back