• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wtf.....................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
On Ebay there is an add for a 'Pet Catcher' -basically a big black net on a rod advertised for catching your Pet Rabbit :shock:

:censored:

:shock: just think of all the people who can't catch their rabbit in the garden and then they come across this add :shock:

You can just imagine some eejit thinking that using it is a perfectly acceptable way to catch a Rabbit.

Jeez, some people's stupidity knows no bounds :roll:

Best not admit that I have used a fishing net in the past to catch mine...I actually like the idea of a pet catcher! I had never thought to search for one, thanks :wave:

Best not admit that I have used a fishing net in the past to catch mine...I actually like the idea of a pet catcher! I had never thought to search for one, thanks :wave:

Imagine your rabbit running away from you, really fast, this is firstly stressing it out.
And then you throw a net on it, it will crash into the mesh.

Imagine your rabbit running away from you, really fast, this is firstly stressing it out.
And then you throw a net on it, it will crash into the mesh.

Which is better than running out onto the road surely.

As long as used correctly, I see nothing wrong with this. It's safer than getting caught up in a fishing net wire.

As long as used correctly, I see nothing wrong with this. It's safer than getting caught up in a fishing net wire.

If you have a bunny proof garden, then there's no way your bun will get to the road :)
If you don't have a bunny proof garden then don't let your buns run around in it, without making sure its safe from them escaping.

If you have a bunny proof garden, then there's no way your bun will get to the road :)
If you don't have a bunny proof garden then don't let your buns run around in it, without making sure its safe from them escaping.

I don't LET them run around the garden, but they have escaped before. It would be an awful lot easier to catch them in a dark bag which would calm them than in a net.

No one is going to agree with me, but that's OK, I accept that. I did just buy one though, and if anyone is interested I will update them on how it works.

Why would the Rabbit be exercising in an area whereby he/she could run out onto a road.

These 'catchers' are used in Wild Rabbit Hunting.

I'll say no more......................

:censored:

I don't LET them run around the garden, but they have escaped before. It would be an awful lot easier to catch them in a dark bag which would calm them than in a net.

No one is going to agree with me, but that's OK, I accept that. I did just buy one though, and if anyone is interested I will update them on how it works.

Your poor, poor Rabbits :cry:

How utterly cruel

Your poor, poor Rabbits :cry:

How utterly cruel

OK, you tell me how I catch them then...please do enlighten me. I assure you, this has been done at a very last attempt to stop them getting onto the road.

How is it any different to catching wild birds and wildlife in black bags like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back