• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdoor buns on Lino...?

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I have read on here that lots of you have Lino in your sheds/kennels and am thinking of this for my new kennel :) but don't the buns slide about on it? What lino do you use? And what do you stick it to the floor with? :wave:

I had it in my hutch. It wasn't stuck down, just cut to fit and laid in, although I always meant to go along the edges with silicon to stop wee getting down into the wood.

They didn't seem to slide about, it was a slightly rough textured lino though, it had like little sparkles in it :lol: Was just the end of a roll from my local shop :)

Mine have never slid on it, I think if it's in the 'living' area, they tend to not be running full speed across it so it doesn't seem to be slippery. Most lino has some kind of 'texture' to it, it's not usually completely smooth.

I used double sided carpet tape to attach it to the base of the hutch and then sealed all the edges with silicon sealant. Best thing I ever did - can't believe how much easier it is to clean out :shock::D

I have lino in my shed and carpet in the hutch. They sleep in the hutch when it is colder, and when it is hot the lay on the lino.

don't the buns slide about on it? And what do you stick it to the floor with? :wave:

The buns learnt really quickly how to hop on lino (and it's not completely smooth - it's very difficult to find completely smooth lino in the shops these days, I've looked!) and we stuck it down with Unibond contact adhesive (which is a bit messy but sticks really well!).

I got lino for my indoor buns specifically so to stop them sliding around as I have slippery laminate flooring. They much prefer it now! So much so they've started eating it though, sadly...

Back