• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just when I thought it was fine.

TriL1

Warren Scout
Just when I though my two bunnies were litter trained, I see loads of wee in the corner of their hutch the sleeping bit right next to their litter box. The litter box is fine size for them both so its not too small that the wees are going over the side either - agggh. I've put some megazorb down next to the litter box with hay on top now, I hope they start doing it in the litter tray again? do you think they will? - I think it is actually only one of them thats doing it in the down the side? I cant move the litter box over as they will have trouble getting it in the box.

Also...... Im going away so my dad is going to be taking care of them coming round and chaning them and giving their food. They are only 4 & 7 months so I only give them small amount of veg, but while im away do you think I should stay away from the veg just incase they got runny bums (which they have been fine so far) but just because im not there to keep close eye on them, especially with more flies around now??

I would suspect they have sat in the litter tray, and because they raise and lean back, they have weed over the edge. that's not their fault. It just means you need a better litter tray for purpose.

I would just keep their diet stable but if you choose to cut out veg I can't see why that would be a problem. Might be safer. Completely your choice based on knowing your bunnies.

Its a 32 litre storage box, could it still go over the edge then?

Thank you, I may just for this week cut it out, one of my bunnies was having a little bit stickier poos, although not stuck to her bum but am just bit wary, she seems fine today though and have reduced pellets a bit too. I think just because im bit worried of flystrike i'll either leave or give very very small amount.xx:wave:

Hmm, ok. Depends on the bunny and how much is in it. My tiny ones can't get anywhere near it unless the hay is really packed in.

Have you cleaned the area with dstilled vinegar?

Yeah i did it earlier and then see a patch again just now. They can both get in the box but thought it was my new bunny that maybe doing it but now im not so sure. My first bunny always did wees in their fine and it seemed my new bunny was until I see the wee today? I've put the megazorb down and seems there is another little wee there now too, and theres wee in the box as well, unless it is coming over the side a bit?

Back